Sentencing

(Richard must sentences Boleyn for his betrayal. Boleyn's wife, Lady Boleyn begs the new king for mercy)

Freja woke up to find her husband was not by her side. She looked around and found Richard by the cross, praying.

She got up and wrapped her arms around him, resting her cheeks to his bare back. "Is it today?", she asked.

"Yes, Henry leaves to Pembroke soon. Also, I have to do something about Boleyn".

She kissed his spine line. "You are the king. I will obey to whatever command you give me".

"My command for you is to sleep in my bed every night", he chuckled.

"What's the point of having the queen's chambers then?", she giggled.

"I don't care. You are my wife and as such, you sleep in my bed every night".

"You're silly, you know that?", she kissed his shoulders.

Richard sighed, loving the feeling her lips against his skin. "Please keep doing that so I don't have to do anything today", he smiled.

Freja slapped his head, giggling. "No, I'm quite busy today", she said, getting up and went to her room to get ready for the day.

Richard was dressed in his customary colours and Robyn placed his livery and crown on him. Drew laid out all of his agenda for the day, including a request of an audience by Lady Elizabeth Boleyn.

Richard sighed. He often regarded Thomas as his friend, but didn't think he would betray Richard just as easy.

"Let's get this over with", he said.

Richard met up with his wife, dressed in a beautiful light blue dress with white sable fur trimmings. He kissed her hands and led her inside.

The couple sat upon their thrones as the new privy council members took their seats. Richard beckoned for Lady Boleyn to make her entrance.

She came in, holding her head up high, trailed by her son and daughters. They curtsied and stayed kneeling on the floor to the new monarch.

"How can I help you, Lady Elizabeth?", Richard asked.

"Please, Your Grace. You are ever merciful, please spare my husband. He hasn't harmed you in any way".

"So who's idea was to punish me for having healthy sons and who's idea was to have my wife assaulted to the point she lost our son?", Richard tapped his fingers.

Lady Boleyn hesitated for a moment. She looked up to her brother, Norfolk, who shook his head.

"I do not know, Your Grace", she said, head bowed low.

"I should have your husband's head for such action. Perhaps, your son's too, so the Boleyn line can die out fast".

"Your Grace please, my son is innocent".

"He could revolt against me, just as his father did".

"No, I will not! Your Grace must believe me! I am your ever loyal servant", said George.

Richard laughed. "Loyal servant..., what is the meaning of that?".

Richard got up and paced around, circling the Boleyns. Richard stopped and turned to everyone.

"Tell me, what is loyalty? You know, when I first show my loyalty to Tudor, he imprisoned me..., just because I was writing letter to my brother, John. My loyalty got him killed. It got my uncle and cousin killed. It killed my son. It almost got me killed. Do you even understand what an undying loyalty means?".

"Husband, don't taunt the poor woman", Freja spoke as she smirked.

"What should we do, sunflower?".

"I prefer to just kill him", Freja smiled.

"Men, what do you think?", Richard turned to his privy council.

"I have to agree with the queen", said Charlie.

"We can't let him live. He is very dangerous, Rich", said Stafford.

"I do not care to be honest", said Surrey.

"But father!", Lady Boleyn spoke.

"Hush girl! You're not permitted to speak!", said Surrey.

"So it's settled then-", said Richard, returning to his throne, "-what to do with their children now?".

"Lady Mary is already betrothed to William Carey, son of Sir Thomas Carey", said Norfolk.

"And Anne?", Freja asked.

"Not yet betrothed", said Surrey.

Richard rubbed his stubble chin. He made a mental note to shave them off and an idea popped in.

"Since my brother is a bachelor again, why not the two of them? That would be lovely, wouldn't it?", Richard smiled as he turned to Herbert.

"I only follow what you think it's best, Rich", said Herbert.

"What about him?", Charlie asked, pointing at George Boleyn.

"Shove him in The Tower, but keep him as far away from his father as possible".

George struggled as he was dragged away. His mother and sisters tried to get him back, but failed.

Anne Boleyn knelt back down. "Please Your Grace, my brother has nothing to do with what my father had done! Please spare him!".

Richard raised his hand, stopping her. "I will determine that. You may go now, all of you".

Anne curtsied and left with her mother and sister, defeated. Richard sighed, relieved that it was over.

THE NEXT DAY

Richard and his family arrived at The Tower. Sir Thomas Boleyn was placed upon the wooden platform and in front of him was a wooden block.

Richard knelt before his children. "You know, old King Henry once told me that you can never wear a crown if you can't watch a traitor die. I'm not asking you to do that today".

"Don't worry, papa. We can handle it", said Henri.

"Yup yup", said Ragnar.

"But I can still close my eyes if I get scared right?", asked Astrid Katheryn.

"Of course, my sweet daisy", Richard smiled.

Richard stood back up to face Sir Thomas Boleyn. He sighed, heavy hearted, but it needed to be done.

"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas. I honestly thought you are my friend. I didn't take you for a traitor. I can never forgive you for what you've done".

"Your Grace, I beg of you. Please...", Boleyn sobbed.

"Please what? Look at yourself, pathetic!".

"I swear to you, I will be true and loyal to you and only you. Please, have mercy", Boleyn begged.

Richard raised his hand and the soldiers placed Thomas by the block. His wife and daughters were hysteric, pleading to Richard to spare Boleyn's life.

Richard dropped his hand and Boleyn said his prayers. The executioner swung his axe and Boleyn's wife and daughters screamed.

Boleyn opened his eyes to see the axe and a pinch of his hair getting chopped off. He frowned and looked up.

"You want mercy? I'll give you mercy, but I have one condition-", said Richard as he descended from his dais, "-Your son is now my prisoner. You are to be placed under house arrest and you will rot there for the rest of your life. Any attempt made on my life, my family's, the throne or simply to get your son again, I will kill him..., and then your wife, your daughters and their children. I will make you watch and I will personally slit your throat".

Richard nudged his head and the soldiers took Boleyn and his family away. Stafford stepped up, standing next to Richard.

"Long live the king!".