Convening

(Richard sits down with John Stuart, Duke of Albany. Meg arrives and is soon locked up in York Castle)

Freja was already waiting at the front door to receive Meg. The soldiers helped Meg descended from her horse and she ran to Freja.

Freja hugged her, rubbing her back. "It's alright, Meg. You're safe now".

Meg felt as if it was her own mother that's comforting her. Freja took her into a room of her own.

"Now, you must rest. It'll do the baby no good if you move around much more", Freja helped Meg to get comfortable in her new bed.

"Freja, tell me, where is Richie?", Meg asked.

Freja hesitated for a moment, remembering her promise to her husband to not say a word. She sat down and pulled the blanket up.

"Meg, for now, you just rest, alright. Your brother knows what he's doing", Freja smiled.

"Freja, please. Just tell me".

"I can't".

"Why?".

"My husband made me promise. He will tell me more when he returns".

"Is he still angry with me?".

Freja got up and went to the door. She hovered her hand on the handle for a moment and turned.

"Your Grace, please rest. I will come by later".

Freja left quickly and shut the door. She turned the key and kept it safe in her pocket, as instructed by Richard.

SCOTLAND

Richard arrived at Stirling Castle, greeted by Alexander Stewart. Both men bowed and Stewart brought him in.

Richard was introduced to John Stuart, Duke of Albany, Scotland's new regent. In the room were some of the leaders of the great houses of Scotland chieftains.

Richard sat down at the other end of the table. "I understand that I am not a Scot. I understand that I have no business here".

"Then why have you come?", asked Arran.

"Your queen is my sister".

"Even after what she said to you?", asked Stewart.

"It doesn't matter-", Richard took deep breaths, "-She will fight to get her sons back. I would like to avoid any unnecessary fights".

"She broke the terms. Her late husband had set that she is to not remarried if she wishes to maintain regency. Now, the king didn't specify when she can remarry, but our assumptions that the term will only last until our king is of age", said Albany.

Richard turned to Stewart. "I thought we were friends, Stewart. Why did you not tell me about this? She is with child now, for God sake!

"After what Her Grace..., said about you, I honestly don't know if you would listen".

"Of course I will fucking listen!", Richard's sudden tone startled a lot of people.

Richard sighed and apologised. "Is there any way I can help to maintain her status as regent?".

"She must strip the Douglases and Drummonds from their newly given titles", said Albany.

"They are growing out of control", said Hamilton.

"Her children will stay with us until she agrees to our term", said Albany.

"Where is Angus then?", Richard asked.