Fathers

(Ferdinand and Richard speak. Reggie makes a request and Ursula notices his mother sudden closeness to Thomas More and other thing.

Italics - Spanish

A/N: in TSP, the actor that played Charles of Spain looked like he's a relative of Aneurin's Richard III

A/N 2: did this story just passed 700 votes? You guys are awesome 🥺)

Richard was asleep, under the apple tree with his son on his chest, when he was awaken by a familiar string of giggles. He peered from the corner of his eyes to see Mary and her ladies.

Richard smirked, knowing what his sister intended to do. He simply unsheathed his dagger, signaling that he knew where they were.

Mary's jaw dropped - how could he possibly heard them giggling at this distance? It made her more angrier seeing her brother laughed.

"You've got to do better than that, sister!", Richard chuckled.

Henri squirmed in his swaddling. Richard gently adjusted his son in his arms before getting up.

"Oh, look! You woke him up!", Mary shouted.

"Excuse you, Your Grace. We were fine sleeping until your string of giggles".

"Did not!".

"Did too!".

Ferdinand watched as the Tudor princess and the York prince argued over the crying baby. Charles walked over to Richard and held out his hand, asking if he could hold Henri.

"I promise I will not drop him", said Charles.

Richard set Henri in Charles' arms, telling him to be careful. Henri stopped crying and frowned at the stranger that was staring at him.

"Curious little boy", Charles smiled.

Mary walked over to them and poked her head over Charles' shoulder. Henri spotted his aunt and smiled.

"See? Your son loves me", Mary gave a smug.

"Why don't you take care of him then?", Richard replied with the same smug.

"I have my ladies with me. It shouldn't be a problem", Mary was confident.

Richard let out a laugh. "How about I dismiss your ladies and you handle him..., on your own?".

"Are you joking? Tell me you're joking because I can never tell", Mary's confident dropped.

"It should be easy, no? He eats and sleeps and makes a mess of himself".

"What if he cries for no apparent reason? Then, what should you do?", Richard crossed his arms.

Charles and Mary looked at each other. Henri looked at his father, just as confused as the two of them.

Richard laughed and shook his head. "You two are not ready to have children".

"That is why we have nursemaids and tutors, to care for them and teach them", Ferdinand walked over.

Everyone bowed to him. Charles handed Henri back to his father.

"Mary, why don't you take Charles around the garden? The king and I would like to discuss something".

Mary curtsied and Charles offered his arm to her. Both walked away and Richard handed Henri over to Celia, who arrived by the behest of Freja, to take Henri back to his mother.