Pole-Stafford

(A/N: I've written until the end 🥺 seven years of hard work coming to an end is making me so happy despite I'm too sick to celebrate. God I just wanna post everything all at once but I can't!

Ursula weds Henry Stafford. There's a tiny foreshadowing. Anyone can guess? 🤔)

1519

Richard woke up to find Freja on his chest and his three children and his niece scattered about the bed. He gently set Freja to her pillow and navigate his way out of bed without waking any of the children.

He put his shirt on and walked out of his quarters and into the garden. Leaves were shedding and it's getting colder.

"You're up early", Stafford arrived as Richard stopped by the fountain.

"It's the day, isn't it?".

"Are you going to cry?", Stafford chuckled.

"She's like my own daughter. It's hard to let her go, but it's your son, so I can breathe a sigh of relief for once".

"Thank you for your sponsorship. It's very generous of you".

"You didn't tell me about your wife".

Lady Eleanor Percy passed away during the outbreak. Richard found out much later when he asked of her health.

"Don't show up in black, for God's sake", Stafford patted Richard's back.

"Admit it, I look good in black", Richard gave him a smug.

Out of nowhere, Stafford shoved Richard into the water. He laughed at his action.

"Look good my arse".

LATER

Richard was dressed in peach coloured theme, minus his black jacket with black sable fur and boots. Henri and Ragnar's mirrored their father's clothes while Freja and Astrid Katheryn were dressed in peach with gold stitching and black lined sable fur. Little Margaret was down with a bit of cold and stayed behind with Celia and Henry FitzRoy.

Freja placed the small circlet that was sent by the new Queen of Sweden on her daughter's head. The circlet was gold and had daisy pattern around it.

"So pretty!", Astrid Katheryn giggled.

"Now, come. We'll be late", Richard picked up Ragnar and held Henri's hand.

The Gloucesters rode to Westminster Abbey in all of their retinues and splendour. Richard greeted the people with smiles and handed a pouch of gold to Robyn to be distributed to the poor.

Richard greeted Maggie and Stafford at the entrance. Stafford picked up the boys and spun around, making them laughed.

"Thank you for the dress. She loves it. It's a bit much, but she loves it", Maggie smiled as she hugged Richard.

"Freja received many gifts from her brother the king", said Richard.

"So I figured, why not? Ursula is like our own too", Freja smiled.

Richard and Freja brought the children to see the bride. 15 year old Ursula looked stunning in a cream coloured dress, gold stitching and decorated with pearls.

Richard hugged her, trying his best not to cry, but he sobbed. "I remember when you were no more than just a baby. I promised myself not to cry", he wiped his tears away.

"Papa silly", Ragnar giggled.

"Uncle, I will always be your Ursula", the bride smiled.

Richard kissed her forehead. "I know that".

"Thank you. It is a lovely dress".

"You can thank the Princess of Sweden here", Richard smiled proudly at his wife.

"Now, enough tears. Let's go", Freja beckoned.

Richard walked Ursula down the aisle to her soon to be husband, Henry Stafford. Both Maggie and Freja shed tears to see how beautiful she looked.

Richard sat down in the row in front of his family, next to Henry and Catherine. Henry never understood why Richard would cry. Crying only makes him look weak.

"Stop crying, brother", said Henry.

"Well, I'm sorry. I can't help it", Richard wiped his tears.

"People will think you are weak".

"I think my Lord Gloucester is not weak. It will only make him look stronger", Catherine chimed in.

"No one asks for your opinion, Catherine", Henry said without even looking at her.

Catherine looked offended. Freja immediately placed her hand on the queen's shoulder, signalling to her that it's best to not respond to that.

Richard turned to the king. "Please, Your Grace. Let us not fight over such a small matter".

Henry scoffed and returned his attention to the wedding. Richard did the same. He turned to see Stafford and shook his head, indicating that it was nothing.

Reception was held in Baynard Castle, a place that was once belonged to Richard's father and was gifted to him by Henry VII before his death. Inside, the nobles dined and danced, but Richard opened the kitchen for the common folk, for those who wanted to celebrate as well.

Catherine watched as Richard and Freja danced, as if this was the first time they met and they often looked so in love with each other. The way they locked eyes, the way they moved, down to the way they smiled; Catherine turned to Henry, who was busy speaking to other courtiers. She sighed and turned back to Mary.

(A/N: the dance scene is an inspiration from Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones' dance scene from The Zorro)

Henri walked up to the royal table and bowed before Catherine. "Your Grace, I'm not a good dancer, but may I dance with Princess Mary?".

Catherine smiled at his efforts and turned to her daughter. "Mary, what do we say?".

"Yes, I would love to dance with you".

Three year old Princess Mary and eight year old Henri, Duke of Bedford danced to the music. Mary looked as if she was having the time of her life.

Then, Stafford approached the table. "May I have this dance, Your Grace? I see that you only sit and not join in the fun. We can't let that happen now, can we?", he gave his charming smile.

Catherine turned to Henry, who seemed to have disappeared. She took Stafford's hand and danced with him.

They switched partners and Catherine danced with Richard while Freja with Stafford. She smiled and laughed, for a moment forgetting of her husband's infidelity. For a moment, she felt happy.

Ragnar pulled Hilda to dance, while Astrid Katheryn danced with Ursula. It was a merry moment and for once, Richard can ease his worry heart.

Before the bedding ceremony, Ursula pulled Freja aside, looking all nervous. She had asked her mother the question, but she would like a second opinion.

"Did it hurt..., when..., you know?", Ursula asked.

"For a moment only. Did your mother tell you?".

"Very detailed".

Freja giggled. "It's only for a moment. Deep breathes and take your time".

Ursula nodded and took off with her husband. Freja returned to Richard, who was smiling sadly.

"It's time for her to go", she said.

"I know".