Rivalry

(I'm not talking about Harry and Richard because their rivalry won't be until years later. Lizzie and Freja have great news for their husbands

A/N: I'm trying my best to read more about Catherine of Aragon's life between when she was Arthur's widow and before she became Henry VIII's wife, just to be as closely accurate as I can. I have both Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir to reference, as well as Google.

A/N 2: Happy Chinese New Year 🧧 and Happy Valentine's Day ❤️ I have like three chapters in line already)

EARLY AUTUMN 1502

Richard and Henry came to Lizzie's chamber when Freja had sent Sarah to get him and the king. When they got there, Lizzie was surrounded by a couple physicians, Margaret Beaufort, Freja and Lizzie's two daughters.

Everyone bowed and curtsied the king. Lizzie smiled and extended her hand for Henry to take. She placed Henry's hand to her stomach.

"Praised the Lord", Henry kissed her.

Richard smiled at the sight as Freja laced her fingers with his. He turned to her and kissed her hair.

"We will have one, one day", he whispered.

"I know", Freja smiled, sweetly.

Lizzie, on the other hand, didn't feel so good as the pregnancy progressed. She wasn't as young as Freja, who also gave her a good news.

Freja and Richard were walking in the garden when Freja took her husband's hand, stopping their tracks altogether, and placed it on her stomach. Richard gasped and smiled.

"I hope not to disappoint you this time, my darling", she kissed his hand.

Richard shook his head and kissed her forehead. "You never disappoint me, my dearest sunflower. I told you before. I don't care how many or if we don't have any, you are all I want and all that I need".

"I haven't told your mother or the king yet".

Richard thought for a moment. "I will inform them, in due time".

Freja nodded, understanding her husband's worries. Underneath the apple tree, both shared a kiss.

Catherine watched the Gloucesters from afar. Their great love affair was the envy of the court, a rare sight to see two married and in love with one another. Marriage was, after all, part of politics and power play.

Arthur had tried to be a husband to her as much as his half brother was to his Swedish wife. However, Arthur and Richard were two completely different people.

Not only that, Freja was the beloved daughter-in-law to the queen. Catherine clenched her hands into fists, she thought how did someone like Freja can be the beloved of the queen compare to her, a daughter to two sovereign of Spain.

Catherine watched often, when they danced, during feasts or maybe even private times like these. How their eyes would meet and their movements were synchronised. They looked as if they were in love for the first time, every time.

Catherine shook the thought out of her head. No, she cannot think that! The Gloucesters have been nothing, but kind to her. She went back to chapel and prayed to God to forgive her sins.

Richard took every precaution and waited until he had some alone time with his mother. He knew when she would be on her own, without the king nor Margaret Beaufort was in sight. He 'bumped' into his mother while on her evening strolls with his sisters.