Hoist The Colour

(Richard made preparations for France. I know it's between Henry and Francis but I can't help to just add another country for fun

PS: please don't be distracted by the photo above 😉

PPS: I accidentally dropped my phone earlier and hit published whilst trying to save it, but you know what, just fuck it and have fun 😁)

LATE 1519

Richard sat down and sighed. Wolsey slid the parchment to him.

"The king has decided to..., ask you to find her a suitable husband", said Wolsey.

"If there is none?".

"He asks that you will take care of it".

"Of course, he did. Silly me".

"I am not the enemy here, Your Grace".

Richard chuckled. "Sure, you didn't whisper toxic things to my brother. You didn't plan to turn him against me someday".

"I assure you, I am on your side", Wolsey smiled and Richard can spot his nervousness.

"The boy? Henry FitzRoy?", Richard changed the subject.

"To be accommodated in your household. He sees that your son is educated well, so the king felt it would be a great honour for FitzRoy to be educated the same as your sons".

"Will he acknowledged the boy?".

"He has yet to decide".

Richard scoffed, but then sighed. "Tell the king I will take care of Mistress Blount and her son".

Wolsey smiled. "Excellent, I shall let him know", he left.

Freja entered just as Wolsey left. She sat on her husband's lap and crossed her arms.

"Are we to be his guardian then?".

"So it seems, dearest sunflower".

"Why must we care for them? We're not a charity house and I'm not funded by my brother, just because he's king".

Richard sighed and rubbed her back. "We'll manage, as always".

"Well, I don't mind an additional lady in waiting, so long she knows that you are mine".

Richard looked at her, his eyes twinkled with that particular intention. He smirked as she raised her skirt up for him.

1520

Richard made sure all was on board for the meeting between England and France. Once done, he took a walk by the shore, reminiscing on the time he ran away to save Teddy.

Henry saw his brother wandering along the shore. He left the company of his men to catch up with Richard.

"What are you doing?", Henry asked.

Richard kept on walking until they arrived to a small hut. Henry followed Richard into the small hut.

"Is anyone even living here?", Henry scrunched his face.