Motherly Love

(Richard and Stafford shake hands. It's usually Richard seeing his father, but this time?

I'd like to thank @Edith04McTavish for this idea ❤️)

Richard woke up from his nap and looked down to his chest, where his son was lying down, asleep. Richard's head landed back on the pillow and sighed, content.

It wasn't long before Henri squirmed and lifted his head for a second before hitting his father's chest lightly since he wasn't used to it yet. Richard lifted his son up high, causing the baby to giggle.

"You like that?", Richard smiled, watching his son kicking and smiling.

Richard set him down, face to the mattress. Henri tried to lift his head once more, but still couldn't for more than three seconds.

"That's ok, we'll keep practicing", Richard gently picked him up again.

He walked out to find Freja and her ladies by their work corner, giggling and gossiping about. Freja looked up and set her work aside, getting up to her husband and son.

"Is he awake? Did papa wake you up?", she cooed the baby.

"More like he woke me up".

"When they've sprouted, you'll be missing moments like this", said Sarah.

"I'm waiting for you and Robyn and we'll see who is about to eat their words", Richard had his hands on his waist.

"Oh please, my child will be the most well behaved", she smiled, trying her best not to laugh.

"Ha bloody ha ha, Barnley", Richard chuckled, went back into the room to get dressed.

"Are you going somewhere?", Freja asked, sitting with the ladies.

"Just for a walk. You want me to take him?", Richard said as he walked out.

"I would take him, but we ladies are busy", she batted her lashes.

Richard shook his head and took Henri in his arms. "Say goodbye to Mama while we go and have an adventure".

Celia got up to follow, but Richard shook his head. "It's alright, Celia. You stay, this is a boy's day out", he chuckled.

Richard walked out and headed towards the garden. Along the hallways, the Plantagenets encountered the now one eyed Stafford.

Richard did regret punching his own cousin, but he was far too angry to reason with anything. Both men stood in front of each other while Henri looked at Stafford, curiously.

"Plantagenet", Stafford smirked.

"Stafford".

"Out for a walk?".

"He is, I'm just carrying him".

Stafford nodded and lowered himself a bit to the baby's level. Henri smiled, kicking his legs happily.

"Your children have always love me".

"Your point being?".

"It is not a good example to not apologise first".

"You punched me first".

"You provoked me first".

"Now, now, children...", Maggie interrupted.

"...If you want to fight, hand me the baby".

"No, Maggie. Henri and I were going for a walk until this obstacle is blocking our way".