Tudors Timeline [Part 2]

(Ok, let's continue)

*When Anne arises to become Queen of England*

Richard bowed before Henry and Anne, smiling ever so sweetly. "I have a task for you, brother. One I know you can perform while I sail to France", said Henry.

"I am at your service, Your Majesty", said Richard.

"I want you to be regent while I'm away", said Henry.

Anne turned to Henry. "Surely, my father is more suitable to the role", she said.

"True, but Richard has far more experience. He was trained by my father and his uncle. I trust Richard will care for England while I'm away", said Henry.

Richard bowed once more. "Your Majesties need not to worry. England will be in my safe hands", he said.

"One more thing must be done before we leave", said Henry.

Freja clutched her son, Henri's hand and watched in disdain as Henry crowned Anne as Marquess of Pembroke. Despite all the smug the Boleyns gave, nothing would compare to it now that Richard is regent to the throne while Henry sailed away.

"That title should've gone to you or your father", Freja whispered.

Henri refused to say anything. He, too, disagree with all of this. "Nevertheless, mother, one day, father will triumph. One way or another", he whispered back.

*

Freja looked at Richard with disbelief as he read out the letter. "He wants you to what?", she was more than furious.

What Henry had done was outrageous, but to ask Richard to bear witness to his marriage to Anne Boleyn? That would be insulting.

"I must go, wife", said Richard.

"You can't succumb to every of his whims, my love. That would mean showing the world you're not strong", said Freja.

"I know, my love, but whether I like to or not, I must go", said Richard.

He stood next to Henry, who was patiently waiting for Charles to arrive. Richard knew Charles was as reluctant as he was, but Charles wouldn't dare to incur Henry's wrath.

"Where's Suffolk!?", Henry whispered, angrily.

"He'll be here, Your Majesty", said Richard.

On cue, Charles' quickened paced could be heard. He stood behind Henry and Richard and Henry greeted him with a jab to the stomach. Richard quickly stopped Henry before turning to the priest.

"Continue, please", said Richard

*

Richard purposely didn't attend the procession, handing the task of overseeing the safety to Charles. The task Henry had asked him to do was too simple and too quick, but Richard was delaying it on purpose, having an excuse to not attend the coronation.

Henry had tasked Richard to find a suitable husband for his daughter, Mary. In hopes once Mary was married, Katherine would comply to his demands.

Lady Salisbury, Maggie Pole, Richard's cousin came in. Richard was hiding at his London home, refusing to attend the coronation.

"Has she arrived?", Maggie asked, referring to Princess Mary.

"Yes, my wife and sons received her yesterday", he said.

"Poor child", said Maggie as she sat next to him by the window.

"Where's the crowd?", he asked. Despite not attending, Richard watched the procession from afar.