Peace Treaty

(Henry declares truce with France and an alliance is made

A/N: I know that the picture is from a BTS of TWQ, but you'll see what I mean)

1514

Richard hooked his chin to his fist while his other hand tapped the table. In front of him was the treaty, drawn by Wolsey.

"My sister is to be offered as a wife to the old French king?", he said, calmly.

"Yes, she is our only viable candidate", said Wolsey.

Richard sighed. He cannot disagree. He carefully rolled the parchment and passed it to Wolsey.

"Send it to my brother, the king".

"Excellent, Your Grace", Wolsey bowed before he left.

Freja returned to their private quarters with her children and was shock to see her husband is leaning rather oddly at the seat near the window. She couldn't tell if he looked in utter despair or bored.

Three year old Henri was the first to run to his father. He managed to climb up by hanging on to his father's leg and crawled up to his father's chest.

"Papa, what you doing?", Henri asked.

"I don't know, Henri", Richard said, boringly.

"Papa silly", Henri giggled.

"Yes, Henri, your father's being silly", said Freja as she sat at the stool in front of her husband.

Astrid Katheryn extended her tiny hand to her father. Freja set her face down on her father's chest.

Astrid Katheryn rose her head up and smiled, which Richard smiled as he poked her nose. Henri squeezed himself on the other side of his father, wanting attention too.

Richard hugged them and closed his eyes, feeling peaceful and content to have them close to him. Richard turned to Freja, who was smiling at the sight.

"I was hoping you could squeeze in here", he said.

"Unless you want to move to the bed", she suggested.

Richard carried his children and set them on the bed. He tossed his outer clothes off of him and plopped himself onto the bed.

"Mama! Mama!", Henri called out.

"Yes, Henri, I'm coming", Freja giggled.

Freja and Richard settled down on their own sides while Henri snuggled close to his father. Astrid Katheryn was already squirming and whimpering, so Freja picked her up and began to feed her.

"I just want to stay here in bed and never leave", Richard spoke as he played with Henri's curls.

"Mary is to wed the old French king?".

"Yes, unfortunately", Richard sighed.

Freja finished feeding Astrid Katheryn and burped her before setting her down on the mattress. "Well, there's nothing we can do".

"I don't think it will last. He doesn't look he can stay alive for another year".

"Let's hope she doesn't have to suffer the bedding ceremony".

Sarah knocked. "Princess Mary is here".

"Oh boy...", Richard prepared for the worse.

"I'm to be married to the French king?!!", Mary burst in, angry.

Henri quickly hid under the blanket and Astrid Katheryn began to cry, startled by her aunt's sudden entrance. Richard gently took his sister outside.