Modern AU

(I was listening to Wonder by Shawn Mendes and was inspired by this. Enjoy a short modern AU that could be a story of its own)

16 year old Richie groaned as he reached for the alarm that hadn't stopped ringing. He switched it off and plopped his head back to the pillow, in hopes to get more sleep.

That was until his younger sisters came running and jumping on his bed. They pulled the blanket away, screaming and yelling at their half brother.

"Richie, wake up!!", Meg tugged at her half brother's favourite band shirt.

"Mama said you have to wake up!", Mary kept jumping.

"It's Saturday, for God's sake! Let me sleep!", Richie pulled the pillow and covered his face.

Arthur came in and tugged Richie's leg, making him tumbling off the bed. "Wake up! Mama said so".

Richie's curls were in disarray while he was still half asleep. He sent his siblings off so he can get ready for breakfast.

Richie brushed his teeth, ruffling Harry's hair as Harry walked out of the bathroom. After a few splashes to the face, Richie tied his long curls into a bun to make it neat.

Richie walked down, still dressed in his sweat pants and AC/DC baggy shirt. Richie dug into his choice of breakfast - eggs, wheat bread, some fruits and a cup of coffee.

His stepdad, Henry was already dressed for work and seated at the end of the table. All of the children and Lizzie were eating and talking about today's plans.

"Richie?", Henry called out to his stepson.

Richie looked up from his phone, face still looking sleepy. "Yeah?", he responded.

"I assumed you have a summer job? I don't want you to spend the entire summer playing games. At least, go out and do something", said Henry.

Richie had plans. He had offered himself to work with his two best friends, Robyn and Drew at Drew's father's workshop. It was near to his other half sister, Kathryn.

"He's still a boy, Henry. Let him enjoy his summer", said Lizzie.

"Lizzie, he's old enough to go out there and start looking for experiences. Stop coddling him", said Henry before eating.

"I already got a job. At Mr. Barnley's workshop", said Richard.

"Good and I better not find you busking when you're supposed to work", said Henry.

Richie simply gave a lazy salute before finishing his breakfast. "Don't worry, I'll go busking after work", he said, smiling, taking his plates and Mary's to wash at the sink.

"Can I go with Richie, mum?", asked Arthur.

"No, you have lessons to go to. All of you", said Lizzie.

"Why does Richie get to do what he likes?!", Arthur groaned.

"Because I'm the oldest", Richie chuckled before leaving the kitchen.

Richie took a quick bath and changed into his track pants, white shirt and leather jacket. He gave his curls a quick dry before tying them into a small bun. He wore his cross, rings and the bracelets his sisters made for him.

"Richie! Do my hair!", Mary came running with Meg behind her.

Richie helped with the girls' hair before sending them off their rooms. He gave them a kiss before grabbing his things - a pair of Doc Martens boots, his bag and guitar and he was out of the door in a flash.