Cousin Edward

(Richard trains Harry before leaving to go home. Richard and Stafford spar. Stafford and Freja become friends through their sons)

Harry watched as his brother and his steward, Drew fought. Their swords clanged and both refused to back down.

Harry admired his brother's courage and bravery. He wanted to be just like his brother and today, he got to learn from him.

Richard toppled Drew to the ground and had the sword to his neck. Both laughed it out and Richard helped his friend up.

"I can never be as fast as you", said Harry.

Drew stepped aside and Richard beckoned Harry into the circle. Margaret Beaufort was already shifting in her seat, but Henry told her it's alright.

"He's growing, mother. He must learn these things".

"If he is to be the Pope, he doesn't need to know all these!".

"When he needs to defend himself, what do you suggest he do if there is no one to help him?", Lizzie chimed in.

Freja arrived with Teddy and curtsied to the royal family. Henry held out his hands and Freja passed Teddy to him.

"Look, your Papa is about to teach your uncle to fight. Soon, you'll be able to do the same", Henry set the child on his lap.

Richard helped Henry to fix his stance before standing in front of him. "Now, I want you to follow my lead".

"This is not dancing, brother", Henry looked rather annoyed.

"Trust me, these two really correlate. Now, focus! I will attack and you must block it".

Richard slowed a bit for Henry, who looked rather bored. He smirked, then tricked his brother by speeding up to the point Harry couldn't keep up.

"That's not fair!", Henry grumbled.

"I told you to focus, didn't I?", Richard chuckled.

Harry attacked, but Richard deflected his attack with ease and even seemed relaxed about it. Harry got tired a bit.

"Never fight in anger, you'll lose strength and stamina fast", Richard used his sword to lean himself.

Richard ruffled Harry's red curls. "You did good. Rest now, we shall continue after Drew and I spar".

"May I have the next dance?", Stafford stood up, taking off his cape and laid in on his chair.

Richard welcomed him into the circle. Both bowed and Stafford unsheathed his sword.

Stafford turned and smiled to Freja. "Madam, do forgive me if I scar him".

"Oh dear, please don't. I do like his face", Freja giggled, spoke with a jesting tone.

Richard pretended to feel betrayed. "Here I thought you love me for who I am".

Freja winked and blew a kiss to him. Richard shook his head and readied himself to face Stafford.

Both men, only seven years apart, began to circle, waiting to see who would attack first. The training ground became quiet and tensed.

"Papa!", Teddy broke the silence, distracting his father for a split second.

That gave Stafford the opportunity, but Richard bounced back fast. Swords clashed with both equal in strength.

Richard pushed Stafford off and swung his sword. Stafford avoided it, the blade was inches away from his face.