My Enemy

(AU)

'Park Jimin releases sneak peak at new Balenciaga shoot!'

'Kim Taehyung models for Gucci AGAIN.'

'The famous model Park Jimin is spotted wearing a Chanel necklace not yet released.'

'Will Kim Taehyung and Prada collab for the new summer collection? Fans sure think so!'

'Louis Vuitton requests models from all over the country and among them are Seoul's favorite rivals Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung!'

'Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin seen together after their Dior collab. Fans think they look a little too comfortable with each other. Is there a secret relationship they're hiding?'

'Rumor has it that rivals Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung are secretly dating!'

-

"What the fuck is this?!"

Namjoon doesn't so much as flinch as Jimin slams the latest topstarnews magazine release on his desk overtop the papers he was so graciously skimming through.

"Jimin, we've talked about this." The man sighs and once again he feels the incoming headache he gets every time Jimin storms into his office. It's almost a daily occurrence at this point.

He takes his glasses off so he can properly rub at his temples to hopefully- and failing to, apparently- dull the throbbing pain.

"I don't control what the media spreads."

"This is bullshit!"

Jimin is fuming, Namjoon can see that. Jimin just wishes he'd look at the fucking front page so Namjoon can understand the severity of the situation. The last thing he needs right now is this.

"It's a dating scandal, Jimin." Namjoon scoffs. "You've gone through plenty of those and they all died down within a week. Remember the one with Jeon Jeongguk? Remember how long that lasted until the media lost interest?"

"This isn't an amateur model, Namjoon, it's fucking Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

Namjoon glances down at the issue, fresh and shiny, and sure enough, Jimin and Taehyung standing closely together after their Dior shoot a couple days ago is smack dab on the middle of the cover. The headline reads:

Perhaps the biggest scandal of the century! Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung pretending to despise each other to keep their secret romance under wraps.

"Well..." Namjoon sounds a little short of breath and Jimin huffs heavily. He's pissed. Enraged. So fucking done with this article for screwing him over time and time again and now with this, something that shouldn't make sense but absolutely does in the grand scheme of things. It would be the perfect cover, right? They pretend to hate each other, constantly try to one up one another, and the media focuses on that rather than their secret relationship. Except the problem lies in the fact that they are not together and they certainly do hate each other. They always have and always will. It's Jimin personal agenda to wake up and hate Kim Taehyung.

It's bad. Bad news. Literally. And Jimin's two seconds away from pulling his hair out.

"It can't be that bad." Namjoon tries to ease the situation. It doesn't work.

"Fucking hell, you do realize what this says about me, right? It makes me a fucking liar! It makes you look like one too!"

"No, no I think it's great news." Namjoon says and it's then that Jimin realized he's basically three inches from fucking nowhere. He can't believe Namjoon is finding a silver lining in this, he can't believe Namjoon doesn't understand what this means. Him and Taehyung? No. No.