On The Run

(AU; so I passed an abandoned hotel in the car on the way to somewhere and I was like omg I want to go in there so baaaad and then we passed another one and I was thinking it was a hecking sign! So now I'ma write it because I'm not about to get arrested for trespassing.)

The stars pinned the night to the sky while ripples of the universe painted strokes of black, black, and black. The gloomy, opaque fog stuck to the ground the way magnets pulled iron closer. Jimin walked the empty street with Taehyung and Jungkook by his side. There was a lone intersection up ahead and the light flickered rhythmically from green, to yellow, to red, and then all over again as if it was a metronome marking the little time they had to spare before night would fade and daylight would streak through the tree line.

Green.

To yellow.

To red.

Green.

To yellow.

To-

Jimin looked away from the light upon approaching it. He stood just under the light and in the silent night he could hear it click as it changed from green, to yellow, to red. They needed somewhere to stay. Somewhere safe, somewhere warm, but somewhere they wouldn't get found.

"There's nothing over here." Taehyung's voice rang through the still air and Jimin turned towards him, squinting down the long road to the right of the intersection.

"Nothing here either." Jungkook said. Jimin glanced down Jungkook's road as well. He was right. There was nothing. But there was nothing ahead of them and there was nothing behind them.

So what should they do?

Left? Right?

Or forward?

"We need to decide." Jimin said quietly. They were in the middle of nowhere, that was for sure, but they were unaware of what was lurking around. Of who was lurking around. Every shadow posed as a threat. Anything that wasn't Taehyung or Jungkook was an immediate danger. They had to be careful.

"Does anybody have a coin?" Taehyung asked, looking around the small group. They shook their heads, but then Jungkook reached into his pocket and pulled out a dice.

"I stole this from the casino six days ago."

"Jesus fucking christ, the casino feels like so long ago."

"Just roll the dice." Jimin said, pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers. He didn't want to think about the casino. He didn't want to think of the bloodbath that occured just moments after he was introduced to the wealthy Jeon Jungkook and the braniac Kim Taehyung.

"Alright, behind us is one, left is two, forwards is three, and right is four. If it lands on five or six, we roll again. Ready?"

They held their breaths in unison as Jungkook shook the dice in the palm of his hand and crouched down, letting it tumble out onto the rocky pavement. It hit juts in the road and ricocheted about until it finally, and gradually, rolled to a stop.

"Four." Jungkook read aloud before snatching the dice up and shoving it back into his slacks. They were as tattered and torn as Taehyung's and Jimin's clothes, the result of traveling through wind and rain and nearly running into the ones that started this mess.

"Alright. Let's go." Taehyung said, leading the group down the road closest to him. There was an incline that was a bitch to walk up, but honestly, what they saw at the top made the entire trip worth it. There, just over the horizon, was an old abandoned hotel. It was two stories tall and multiple rooms branched off the main entrance. The roof was an ugly mint that looked beat up and light wood paneling was nailed to the windows of a few rooms. It was perfect. Jimin felt a spark of hope inside him as he smiled. They found somewhere to stay the night.