Cookie Date

(I seriously can't remember where this idea came from. I think my 8th grade history teacher told my class the story and I only just now thought about it. Or maybe I read it somewhere? I really don't know fam

AU)

The wind blew fiercely, dragging leaves and dirt in its wake. Jimin rushed to the cafe quickly, holding onto his forest green beret tightly, in fear that it would fly away. This was his favorite one, after all.

The doors were hard to pull open, fighting the growing winds, but luckily, he had some strong muscles and was able to do it easily. The inside was calm, much different than the chaos outside. It smelled warm and sweet, the scent of cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans drawing a smile on Jimin's face.

He ordered a bag of chocolate chip cookies- a good classic dessert- before sitting at a small table. The cafe would flood with college students soon, and until then, Jimin enjoyed the peaceful quiet.

-

About twenty minutes later, someone grabbed his attention. He expected to look up and see a college student who had probably consumed an unhealthy amount of caffeine already, but instead, his eyes locked with that of an older man. Not by much, Jimin could tell, but still, he radiated authority, and Jimin could only answer with a hasty yes when he asked is this seat taken?

Silence fell over the two, and Jimin seemed to be the only one bothered by it. Starting up a conversation would be the most reasonable thing to do but Jimin was somewhat awkward, so instead, he just took a cookie from the plastic white bag on the table. The chocolate chips melted instantly on his warm tongue and he sighed heavenly, glancing out the window. The winds were finally calming.

Reaching for another cookie without looking, Jimin suddenly felt an electrifying sensation on his hand and he recoiled instantly, the shock still ringing under his fingertips.

His eyes immediately met the older man's from across the table. His pouty lips were turned down in a frown, scrunched brows signalling confusion. Jimin was just surprised, mostly. First, this guy why trying to take his cookies, and while doing so, static electricity or some shit zapped between them.

Instead of calling him out, Jimin just let the man take one of his cookies before his hand slipped into the bag to get a second. Still, it was completely silent, not a single exchange of words. Jimin was too shy to ask the guy why he was stealing his cookies, and he was too nice to confront him, but he also really didn't mind. It could be the fact that the man looked so kind with his small almond eyes and his pretty button nose, dusted pink from the chilly temperature of the cafe.

Jimin didn't mind sharing, now that he thought about it. It's caring to do so, right? Maybe this guy really just needed a yummy cookie to make his day better.

-

Soon, the bag was empty. The man held the last cookie in his hand and Jimin glanced at it, then back up at the man's beautiful brown eyes hidden behind a curtain of silky black hair.

Then, he did something that rendered Jimin speechless- which was fine, they still hadn't said a single word to each other since sitting down.

Carefully, the man split the cookie in half and passed the bigger chunk to Jimin. Jimin accepted the cookie with a small gasp, cheeks flushing when the man smiled, pretty pink gums showing.

Jimin was so lost in this world of cookie-sharing that he forgot he had plans for the morning. Quickly, he looked at the nearest clock and saw he was already ten minutes late to work. Shit.

"Oh no." He squeaked. In a rush, he collected his empty cookie bag and tossed it in the nearest trash bin, then went back to grab his small purse before he flung open the doors to the cafe and took off down the street, not sparing a a second glance at the man who was watching fondly.

While running, Jimin snuck his hand into his bag , searching for his phone so he could quickly dial his coworker to apologize for running late, but as his fingers brushed over material that didn't belong in there, he slowed to a halt. What could this be?

Grabbing hold of the strange plastic, Jimin pulled out a full bag of chocolate chip cookies.

His chocolate chip cookies.

The ones he forgot he had put in his purse immediately after ordering them so he could share with his friend at work.

Embarrassment and guilt filled him so quickly that he swayed dizzily in the middle of the sidewalk. He really did just consume half a bag of cookies that didn't belong to him, that he didn't even pay for.

Oh god.

And that man knew, yet he still let Jimin steal his cookies. Oh my, he couldn't believe it. The man even split the last one!

Jimin felt terrible. All day long, he thought about how he stole those cookies from a complete stranger. Sure he was overthinking it too much, but he so desperately wanted to apologise to him. Thankfully he was a good man and didn't yell at Jimin, was so pure in heart that he even shared his cookies.

The next morning, Jimin walked into the shop. He felt nervous, and a little stupid for hoping that the guy would show up. Turns out, he was already there, and he was sitting at the same table they occupied merely twenty four hours ago.

Jimin waddled over, a growing bubble of nerves raising in his chest. By the time he got to the man, his throat felt inflamed and his tongue felt swollen and miraculously, he didn't even know how to form a coherent sentence.

So he sorta just stood there like an idiot, rubbing his sweaty palm together.

"Would you like to join me?" The man asked, baritone vocals sending a pleasant vibration through Jimin's ears. Instead of answering, Jimin plopped down, face still as red as a tomato.

"I- uh- uhm-"

"It's okay." The man said, lips arched in a tender smile. "You were unaware that you were eating my cookies. It's okay. I didn't mind."

Oh.

Well that was easy.

Jimin laughed bashfully, tucking a thick tuff of blonde hair behind his ear.

"Still, I'm sorry. Would you let me pay you back?" Jimin said, looking at him in hopes that he could make this right.

"How about you buy another bag and we share." The man suggested with a shrug. Jimin smiled. He quite liked that idea.

"Okay. That's fair."

And then the next thing he knew, he was laughing happily at the jokes that the mam cracked casually while they munched on warm, gooey cookies.

"You're so funny!" Jimin said, placing a hand on his rapidly beating heart as he tried to catch his breath from his previous giggle fit. "I didn't expect humor like that from someone like you."

"People do often mistake me as a grumpy old man." Yoongi sighed. Throughout their entire conversation, he had yet to let his smile falter. "Sometimes they aren't far from the truth."

"I'd like to get to know you more." Jimin blurted out. He was surprised with himself, but something about the man made Jimin feel more confident.

"Let me see your phone?" He said, reaching across the table. Jimin fished his out of his pocket and set in in his large hand, ignoring the way his heart tripped at the sight of his strong fingers typing quickly. "Here. Give me a call next time you'd like to have another cookie date."

"D-Date?" Jimin choked, staring up at the man as he collected his belongings, preparing to leave. The man cooed at his big eyes, grabbing hold of Jimin's tiny hand and swooping down to plant a soft kiss to his knuckles.

Then he turned around and left.

Jimin sat there for a good few minutes before his brain finally caught up to the fact that a handsome older man was suggesting anothee date despite just meeting a day ago.

Gulping, Jimin grabbed his things with shaky hands, heart still ramming against his rib cage. Before leaving, he scrolled through his contacts, giggling and the bold choice.

Yoongi <3