Special Christmas

(AU; brief texting

So unedited. Like really unedited.)

Unknown:
Christmas Eve Dinner at my house on Saturday. Please be there by 1:00 to help me cook and set the table you munchkins! And don't forget to bring your presents!

T:
Uhm, who's this?

Unknown:
Your grandma, silly!

T:
Yeah... I think you've got the wrong number ma'am 😂

T:
But I'll still take a plate...?

Unknown:
Of course! Us grandma's are always here to feed the kids.

T:
Really...? You'd let a stranger join you and your family on Christmas?

Unknown:
Well of course I would! No one should be alone on the holidays.

T:
That's very sweet of you to think, ma'am

Unknown:
I'll put an extra plate out for you, don't worry. :)

-

So from then, up until now, Grandma had sent Taehyung her address after confirming he wasn't a creep. It was a two hour train ride, but Taehyung didn't mind the scenery. Tucked safely under his arm was a present and a bottle of wine stuffed in two separate bags. He felt bad for showing up empty handed, especially after Grandma was so nice to invite him over on a whim, so he splurged a little yesterday and bought something he thought anyone would enjoy. Despite the circumstances, Taehyung was excited. He wouldn't be spending Christmas alone again. This year held hope and promise.

-

The air was crisp and chilly, dusting Taehyung's cheeks and nose a cherry red. His loose gray curls poked out from beneath his knit hat that unintentionally matched his thick sweater. He looked like he was straight out of an anime, being one of those rich guys with sharp features and a long, khaki colored woll coat that reached his calves. The only thing missing was the secret tattoo and the hostile personality.

He texted Grandma after unboarding the train. He was running a bit late, but not late enough to miss dinner.

When he made it to Grandma's house he took one last deep breath and knocked on the front door, a classic wresth hanging at eye level. Murmurs muddled together beyond the threshold, the sound of greetings and laughter. When the door swung open, Taehyung couldn't help but smile. Grandma was a little short, but she was adorable, and Taehyung chuckled as she gasped.

"Oh my! Taehyung! What a fine young man you are!" She said, face full of a glee that made her look younger.

"Thank you for inviting me."

"Oh hush, you thanks was already given! Come in, come in!"

Taehyung stepped into Grandma's house, the soft click of the door ringing behind him. It smelled like Christmas. Like ham and sweets, like a lovely home.

"You're so tall!" Grandma gushed, pinching Taehyung's cheeks as she complimented just about every feature on Taehyung's face. "My my my, you'd be perfect for my Minnie."