Sunburns (smut)

(Vampire AU; for my bratty sister who's finally a teenager. Happy late birthday.)

"Jimin, you're smoking."

"I know."

"No, like, you're actually smoking."

"I- what? Oh shit-!"

When the sky was upturned this morning and the ugly, grey underside was clouding the atmosphere, Jimin didn't think he'd need to bring a jacket to work. Somehow, as if it were magic, the world grew calmer just after noon. The sky cleared and its original orange light lit up the streets, casting a warm hue among civilization. Jimin was left walking home with his co-worker, Jiyoung, who was a lively and entertaining girl, in the blistering sun. It was terrible for his pale skin, so sensitive that just a few minutes under those brutal rays would destroy his completion completely. Jiyoung would've offered Jimin her jacket, but then she'd face the same issue, and Jimin wouldn't allow that.

Instead of walking for another twenty minutes, Jimin swerved to the left abruptly. His hand was clasped around Jiyoung's wrist and with a harsh tug they were both inside a small boutique. It was much cooler in here. The building was quaint, the walls splashed with off-white paint and tiny pink floral details. Racks lined the perimeter while mannequins and shelves showcased newer items. It was cute, Jimin thought.

"Oh this is nice." Jiyoung said aloud, her thoughts seemingly on the same track as Jimin's. Her sweet voice held a notch of serendipitous delight, something Jimin could relate to as he looked around some more. He was thinking of asking Jiyoung what she thought about browsing around while they waited for the sun to retreat behind some clouds, but before he could utter a single word, a man walked up to them. He wore a baby blue polo shirt, a name tag pinned to his chest pocket that read: Kim Namjoon.

"What can I do to help you both today? Is there something specific you're looking to find?" He sounded professional and kind, which was nice seeing as he most likely asked these same questions to just about every customer.

"Well, actually, my friend here forgot his jacket this morning. Isn't that right, Jimin?" Jiyoung voiced. With an elbow nudge to the side, Jimin cleared his throat and nodded.

"Yeah, uh, yeah. I was on my way home but the sun came out of nowhere." He chuckled awkwardly. Namjoon didn't seem to mind, merely nodded and smiled his little work smile that barely made his dimples pop.

"I see, I see. Would you be interested in purchasing a jacket for your walk home?"

"Oh, that's a good idea!" Jiyoung said. "Why don't you show us some good choices?"

"Of course! Follow me."

Jimin and Jiyoung followed behind Namjoon after he spun on his heels and swifty navigated through each section of the store. Jiyoung was eyeing different racks, commenting on certain items as they walked towards the back of the store. Jimin occasionally glanced at Namjoon. He was tall. And handsome.

"Here we are!" Namjoon said. He waved his hands in a wide gesture, stepping back a little to motion at the clothes lining the wall.

"Thank you." Jiyoung smiled, bowing politely to the worker. Jimin did as well, flashing Namjoon a smile in return.

"Next time, don't forget your protection. Sunscreen can only help you vampires a little."

"Ah, thanks." Jimin said, bowing again before Namjoon walked away. Then, him and Jiyoung sifted through some options. Jiyoung pulled some off the rack and held them up to Jimin's frame, either shaking her head in disaproval or humming out a quiet maybe. The entire time, Jimin ran the image of Namjoon through his mind like a looped tape. His human scent still lingered, as did his tender personality. It matched the store well. He fit this environment perfectly with his soft face and even softer voice.