'Cuz Imagination (barely smut)

(AU)

He was looking to unwind. To take a step away from reality and look at it from different, less confusing angles. To move outside the frustration and into that grey area, at least. For a minute or two. Before he jumps back into the raging storm.

In short: life is stressful. And Yoongi wants to take a bubble bath.

Is that weird? As a man in his early thirties, is that weird? Strange? To fill the tub with hot water and lavender bubbles that smell heavenly? To light an assortment of candles that mix with the already floral infused air? To turn off the lights and play his "first kiss" playlist?

He doesn't really care if it's odd. He does it anyways.

The water is warm, Yoongi's chest more so. He feels a certain light fire lick through his viens and squeeze his heart, the release being soothing and gentle. Like taking a deep breath, filling his lungs to the compacity, and then a little more, holding, and letting out so very slowly.

Bubbles froth and foam like mountains and hills around Yoongi. He leans back against the edge of the tub. And because he's unwinding, he lets his imagination finally run wild and free. The claw foot tub sits on intricate golden tiles. There's tall windows, three-sixty, that look out into an ocean of pink iridescent skies and bubbly cream clouds. It's pleasant and peaceful. Quite and serene. Yoongi has never felt so tranquil in his life.

He wishes he could visit this sanctuary more often.

The water trembles as Yoongi shifts to submerge himself. He wets his hair, runs his fingers through the long blonde strands and opens his eyes to see them floating through the water like tendrils of golden thread around his torso. He's a king, enjoying his crystal palace in the sky.

When he breaks surface, he doesn't bother opening his eyes and disrupting the dream. Behind his eyelids lays his truest desires. This holographic mirage is his safe place. He wouldn't dare leave so soon. Not when it's this vivid.

The doors open with a gust of crisp air. Yoongi shivers but smiles at the prescense behind him.

"Your Majesty." The atmosphere tilts as the boy bows behind Yoongi. Yoongi hums low in his throat. "At your service."

"Come closer." Yoongi beckones with a wet, glistening hand. The boy rounds the tub and kneels, head down respectfully. His raven tresses fall like the final curtain over his face. Yoongi catches the subtle bump of his nose beneath his fringe. The pink light outside nestles into his hair, making I'm gleam as if there's a rosy halo above his head.

Yoongi checks. There is one. Because he imagined it there.

"Join me, would you?" Yoongi says it like it's not a question, but a suggestion. And the boy listens, of course. He doesn't look at Yoongi. One could argue that it's because you shall never look a king directly in the eyes but this is a dream so if Yoongi really wanted the boy to tilt his head up, then he would. But Yoongi likes this mystery. Likes not knowing who this boy is, yet. He's curious to see what real person his imagination substitutes for this angelic, fragile boy. Maybe he's a shadow at the very edge of Yoongi's boring life. Or maybe he's someone Yoongi knows quite well.

He loves the anticipation.

As the boy stands and begins pulling at his robes, Yoongi watches with lidded eyes. The boy sparkles like specks of diamond are embedded within the pores of his skin. His body is dainty and small in the important areas. Yoongi wants to touch and feel this dream but he waits. He has patience. He's a king, after all.

The boy carefully steps into the tub. He fits perfectly between Yoongi's spread legs. The hot water pricks his smooth skin and sends a pinkness crawling up his chest. Yoongi coos.