Jungkook

The next chapters will be based on Run episodes 47 and 48
————————————————————
Cop AU
————————————————————

Today was the day your boyfriend was released and since you were his only contact you had to go pick him up. It was a nerve racking drive to the jail as you thought about seeing him. You weren't sure if you were ready yet.

Parking your car in the parking lot, you walked into the building slowly. You didn't look him in the eyes as he grabbed his belongings and followed you out of the jail.

"It's nice to see you again babe, but why won't you look at me?" He asks, a bit of frustration failing to hide in his voice. You gulped and looked up, your skin tingling as anxiety ran through your veins. 

"I-I don't know." You mumbled, head hanging down as you walked. You felt his calloused hands around you wrist and he stoped you before you got in the car. Slight pain stung your wrist and you winced.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

You bite the inside of your cheek and look up hesitantly, the faded bruise from a month ago obvious in the light. You scowled as he smirked, grabbing your chin roughly. He leaned in to give you a quick kiss but you tilted your head, making it land on your cheek. He grunted and tightened his hold on your cheek.

"Listen here you little bitch, don't make last month repeat itself, because this time I'll be more careful and won't get caught."

Tears form in your eyes but you wouldn't dare let them fall, at least that is until he slaps you against the cheek to prove his point.

You yelp and stumble out of his hold, raming your hip into the hood of the car. He laughs as you look at him through the fog in your eyes.

"S-Sorry..."

"You better be."

It's then that he gets yanked back away from you and you barely register the hands that wrap securely around your waist. You flinch at the contact but you don't pay attention as the two of you are dragged apart because the only thing that you think about is how you let someone so terrible control your life for the longest time.

-

You were escorted to the infirmary inside the police station by a kind officer. You hadn't looked at him until he set you on the table, the plastic sheet crinkling as you relaxed.

You watched the back of the stranger as he dug around in search for things, but all you could do was wait as your nerves built up once again.

He turned around and your breath caught in your throat, the sheer beauty of the man in front of you almost making you pass out. He looked way too young to be an officer but he was strongly built so you assumed he was good at his job.

"I'm sorry about all this miss, you shouldn't have been put in that situation." He says as clear as day, voice sweet and light. He sits down on a rolly chair and laces his fingers together, looking at you with calculating full eyes. "Based on what I saw, I'm assuming that bruise around you eye is from him?"

You nod, unable to get words out. He frowns and studies you more.

"Boyfriend right?"

You nod once again, making his jaw muscles twitch as he clenches them and furrows his dark brows.

"He's in a cell at the moment, we can put him away for a long time if you tell me how long this has been going on."

You look away, thoughts of every time he's touched you running through you mind, causing tears to slip down your already red cheeks.

"...A long time..." You whisper.

The officer scoots closer to you, being careful since he knows how shaken up you are.

"Can you explain exactly what he's done? I know you're scared but I can help you."

You gulp and nod slowly, knowing it's best to tell him because for some reason you trust this guy. It could be because he's an officer, but his soothing voice and soft features make it a little easier to talk to him.

"We've been together for 4 years, at first he was really sweet but after about a month he started touching me and hurting me and..."

You choked out a sob and the man quickly stood up, wrapping his protective arms around you in a tight embrace. You found a strange comfort within them, so warm and so secure.

"I hate asking you these but if what your saying is true then he'll never see the light of day again- so can you answer just a few questions for me please?"

You take a second to gain you senses back and nod, hoping he won't let go.

And he doesn't.

"How old were you when he started assaulting you?"

"It was 4 years ago... so I was 17."

You feel the officer tense up around you and you bite your trembling lip, waiting for more questions.

"Did he sexually harass you along with physical abuses?"

You sob harder, barely shaking your head. The officer mumbles something that you can't quite hear and sways back and forth, rubbing your back slowly.

"H-He said that if I ever told anybody he'd punish me again..."

"Again?"

"I snuck out a-and... it hurt s-so bad... I couldn't walk." You mumbled, nuzzling further against the officers chest in hope that you could just disappear.

The officer suddenly pulled away and you felt cold, your arms going limp at your side because you just felt so tired. The stranger held out his hand and you took it. He pulled your confused form out of the infirmary and through a confusing amount of hallways until he halted abruptly. He kicked open a door and you flinched as he pulled you into the room.

You gasped and hid behind the well built figure of the policeman because they very man you despised was sitting at a table in front of you, cuffed.

He smiled when he saw how cowardly you were, hiding behind someone you didn't know, someone who couldn't protect you.

"Ah Jungkook this is all a little misunderstanding, just let me go. My girlfriend and I were planning on celebrating my release tonight at home, alone." Your boyfriend said slyly.

Jungkook took one large step forward and swung his fist, yelling loudly as your boyfriend's head rolled backwards with the impact.

"You won't ever see her again you bastard! Someone like you deserves that and everything else coming your way, hope you enjoy jail you scumbag." Officer Jungkook spits out, slamming the man's head against the steel table. Your boyfriend laughs hysterically and makes eye contact with your shivering form in the corner.

"Don't worry babe, I'll come get you after I'm out."

Jungkook kicks him in the ribs and turns around, wrapping a firm hand around your waist.

"Not as long as I'm protecting her." He says through clenched teeth. Then he pulls you out of the room and for the first time in years you feel safe.