Blue (pt. 2)

AU
————————————————————
Requested by @Cyxaps
————————————————————
Everyday after Namjoon finished his classes, no matter how late they went, he'd go to Yoongi's classroom and allow him to read from blue books.

If it were any other professor doing this he would've left a long time ago, but Yoongi's voice was just too deep and calm and mesmerizing to listen to. Sometimes Namjoon went as far as sitting in front of the chair his professor was reading in, silently asking for him to thread his calloused fingers through his hair. Yoongi obliged him, and as he read he'd play with Namjoon's soft tresses. They'd slip through his fingers like silk and sometimes he'd catch a whiff of his shampoo. It became a daily thing so Yoongi took care of his hands more than he usually would, keeping his fingernails trimmed neatly so he wouldn't scratch Namjoon's skin and washing them three or four times a day with a soap that kept them smooth.

It was habitual for Namjoon to lean into Yoongi's touch. He had grown accustomed to it during their reading sessions, along with his mellow voice. So much so that on those days where Namjoon couldn't afford to get to his classroom or Yoongi was too busy to read he'd fall into another pit. It was much easier to get out of, this hole of lonesome. Just one look at Professor Min and knowing he was okay was enough motivation for Namjoon to climb out.

Sometimes it got hard though. Much like this night of cold air and bad weather. Namjoon was stuck inside his dorm room with the thunder cracking along the sky in white streaks, thunder booming loudly as if the gods were stomping across the night sky.

Professor Min's classroom was across the campus. From his dorm window he could see the light shining through the window, although there was no shadows to be seen. Namjoon doubted Yoongi would be anywhere else, especially since he wouldn't drive in this rain.

So after sitting for another few minutes and debating if he wanted to step out into the fearful world of down pour and judgment, he ripped his door open and dashed down the stairs. The rain was brutally cold, partnering with the freezing rain well. He stormed across campus, the droplets of water mixing with the salty tears that cascaded down his flushed cheeks. His hands were numb when he reached the door and he pushed it open, jogging down the hall and all the way to Professor Min's classroom. His whole body was trembling, voice quavery as he called out his professor's name and knocked.

The door opened and Namjoon was dragged inside, swamped by the instant warmth of the room and Yoongi's tight embrace.

"Why in gods name aren't you in your dorm?!" Yoongi scolded quietly, squeezing the shaking student.

"M' scared." Namjoon sobbed. His bottom lip stuck out, cheeks shinning with wetness, eyes bloodshot and brighter than the bluest waters.

"Come here." Yoongi said, guiding Namjoon to a couch he had along the far wall. He sat down and pulled Namjoon onto his lap, running his big hands up and down Namjoon's lean back until he was only sniffles and apologies.

"S-Sorry for dis-disrupting y-you." Namjoon whispered.

"It's okay." Yoongi sighed. "Nobody likes to be scared."

Namjoon blinked his clumped lashes and looked at his lap nervously, just now realizing the situation he put himself in.

"Your eyes are very pretty Namjoon." Yoongi said. Namjoon scowled and shook his head insistently.

"They're blue." He grumbled. "I hate them."

"Blue is a pretty color." Yoongi said slowly. Namjoon bristled, his shoulders growing tense. He opened his mouth to argue but Yoongi shushed him, wanting to explain himself. "Blue is the color of the sky. Blue is the color of the pillow I hug at night. Blue is the color of Neptune, a very pretty planet. Blue can be the color of lights, which can be associated with excitement and fun."

"I don't like blue..." Namjoon whispered. Yoongi's features softened even more and he nodded.

"That's okay. It doesn't have to be you're favorite, and you don't have to like it, but don't be afraid of it. It's not dangerous. Your hair could be blue, and I'd still play with it. The pages of the books I read to you could be blue- the words could be blue too- and I'd still read to you. Because blue is a lovely color, and it's harmless. Colors cannot hurt you Namjoon."

"B-But-"

"Most things can be whatever color they wish. But the color isn't what makes it safe or dangerous, it's the object itself. A gun can be blue Namjoon, and cotton candy can be blue. Your eyes are blue, and they're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. They can't hurt me. They can't hurt you either."

Namjoon was quiet. He had grow up afraid of the color blue and as Yoongi explained himself logically he wasn't sure what to do. It was like taking something he had grown up with away from him. Just like his mother. She was taken away from him and he'd never forget that, so how was he supposed to change his mind about the color blue?

"I-I can't... I can't." Namjoon said.

"You can't what?" Yoongi asked.

"Even if I'm not scared of b-blue, nothing has changed." Namjoon said. "I'll still be that freak. I'll still be judged. I'll still be lonely..."

"You've got to let people in Namjoon." Yoongi said, placing his hand over Namjoon's chest where his heart struggled to beat evenly behind his rib cage. "Broken things can be fixed with the right glue."

Namjoon stared into Yoongi's eyes and he felt his heart skip a beat. Maybe Yoongi was his glue. Without him he would still be cowering in his room, lonely with nowhere to go, nobody to see. Yoongi was there for him, and he was scared to let him leave.

"A-Are you my glue Professor Min?"

"Only if you let me help you. Piece by piece." Yoongi reasoned. Namjoon nodded, voicing a soft "okay" and Yoongi smiled. This was progress. They were making progress.
————————————————————
Not edited haha