Gumball

Soulmate AU
————————————————————
Idea from a good friend of mine @xXSeokjinsHoeXx check out her chat fic it's got promise 😌
————————————————————
The world was set up the same. Everybody was assigned their jobs, got the same home in similar looking neighborhoods with bright green grass and vibrant blue sky's with creamy cotton candy clouds. Everybody's house looked the same from the outside but people were allowed to decorate it with their own style. People were allowed to be unique.

And people like Jimin were thankful for that.

As he skipped out the front door, locking it behind him, he headed down to the gum ball machine. Yes, every house had a mailbox-sized gum ball machine. Some chose to decorate theirs or put their address on theirs but Jimin liked the simplicity of his. It looked like the average red gum ball machine, and lately you didn't see much of that since people were experimenting and testing with new ways.

He adjusted his backpack and lifted his thumb to the little censor pad, watching as it scanned the groves of his fingerprint. It made a little sound and he pulled his thumb away, smiling as he watched a gum ball drop and run down the swirled rails. All gum balls looked the same. They were just white, nothing special on the hard exterior. It was the inside, the real gum, that determined your fate, your destiny, who you'd love for eternity.

Jimin loved the idea of soulmates since he learned about it as a child. Knowing somebody was out there chewing the same gum ball as him made a soft tingle settle in his heart.

The little tasty ball of fate cracked the little metal door open as it hit against the backside and Jimin bent down to grab it, quickly popping it into his mouth. The taste hit his tongue as quickly as the smell filled his nose.

Lemons and cinnamon. A weird combination, but Jimin has grown accustomed to it. Everything about Jimin smelled of lemons and cinnamon- his hair and his clothes and that gum ball machine. It was a strong scent.

He kicked the kickstand of his bike up and threw his leg over the side, making sure his backpack was snug on his shoulders before he took off down the road.

Cars didn't exist in this world, they polluted the air too much and caused to many accidents, resulting in the loss of money and most importantly, sometimes a life. They were too problematic so other ways of transportation were encouraged. Jimin preferred the classic bike.

He pedaled down the cleanly paved road, occasionally passing another citizen on this bright morning. As soon as he got to the university he stood his bike up on the rack and carefully locked it in, then headed in through the main doors of the building. He was met with all kinds of smells as students wandered around while chewing their gum balls and occasionally blowing a bubble to show the color or let others get a whiff of the scent. It was normal to find ways to make your soulmate ball known and obvious. After all it was the key to finding your match.

Jimin's tongue buzzed with a sweet spice as he headed to his section of the university- arts. He was beyond ecstatic when he got assigned the job of entertainer. He knew collage came with which ever branch you chose and that was one of the things Jimin looked forward to most as a child, apart from a soulmate.

He wanted to learn all types of dance and this was the best place to learn it.

As he walked into class he greeted a few students, who in turn waved back happily. He stretched his legs and back in preparation for the class today, and when everybody was ready they stood up straight and faced the instructor, who had an unfamiliar person standing next to them.

"Good morning everybody, I'd like to introduce a new student."

Jimin waited for the moment she'd wave and blow a bubble of gum, but she seemed a bit shy and just tucked a strand of soft blonde hair behind her red ears. Jimin found it a little endearing. She looked of Japanese heritage and he wanted to know so badly what it was like in Japan if she grew up there. It was rare that people moved around in this type of society.