The Red Bullet

(I miss writing Phantom Opera :( I miss the characters and the story so I whipped this up. If you haven't read it yet or given it a try, please do so. I'm proud of it, like a lot, so check it out)

Jungkook held his gun close to his body as he ran through the dark building. His senses were on high alert. The sound of dripping water far off in the distance, the scent of mildew, stale antifungal spray, and the taste of moldy air, thick on the back of his tongue, made the mission more unpleasant than need be. He never liked abandoned buildings. Not because he was scared or because he didn't know what could be lurking in the black shadows, but because they were always messy and disgusting. The floor, cratered and cracked, no doubt the effect of heavy bowling balls smashing violently into the shiny synthetic, was a whole obstacle on its own. The lanes were coated in a blanket of grey dust, glass fragments were scattered on the floor, random, unidentifiable objects were thrown askew, and half the ceiling tiles were hanging down or completely missing. And it was cold. Even Jungkook's luxurious embroidered leather jacket with a silk lined interior couldn't keep the goosebumps away.

But a mission was a mission and Jungkook wouldn't let anything deter his focus.

"Find anything?"

Jungkook would never get used to how Taehyung's voice sounded buried so deeply in his ear. It was the perfect harmony of grit and buttercream, yet as recognizable and clear as a bell.

"No." He answered. "Any luck with the others?"

"Their locations seem to be as dead as yours."

"Well shit. I guess we'll have to keep searching."

"I don't remember becoming heros." Another voice added, brining a low chuckle out of Jungkook.

"We aren't heros, we're only doing this for our benefit."

Jungkook sighed. He had moved to the back of the bowling alley now and the moonlight could only crawl so far before it lost to the darkness that was the unknown. Pulling out his flashlight and crossing his wrists, Jungkook embarked on.

"You say that Seokjin, but we all know we're doing this because she's a little girl." Jimin said. Suddenly there was a loud crash that rummbled through the little cricket in Jungkook's ear, followed by a shrill static and some broken curse words. Jungkook covered his ear, cringing in pain at the loud interruption.

"What the fuck was-"

"This building is a piece of shit." Yoongi said. "I almost fucking died."

"Be careful, everyone." Namjoon said.

Jungkook took the leader's words lightly, knowing his location wasn't in nearly as bad of a condition as Yoongi's. The structure was sounds enough that he knew blocks of concrete wouldn't fall on him and crack his head open like a sweet coconut.

The Red Bullet searched their buildings thoroughly and those who had smaller locations would move to help others once they gave themselves an all clear. Jungkook was quite slow, paying attention to every detail and listening in for the slightest bit of movement that wasn't his.

"AH FUCK-!"

"Hobi?"

"A bitch ass rat just knocked me on my ass!"

"Keep searching, Hoseok."

"It was fucking huge..."

"That's what she said."

"Seokjin."

"Sorry cap, I'll keep lookin'."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the playful banter between his members. It was late and he was starting to feel the weight of searching for days on end but he refused to give up. He wouldn't let his sore muscles hold him back from saving the young girl they were searching for.

He wasn't sure when they became heros either, and quite frankly, he didn't think they deserved such a title, but it had been a week since they first got word about the poor girl and they set everything aside to find her.

Maybe it just proved that beneath the tattoos and piercings and muscles, hearts of gold lay beyond the naked eye.

"Alright this place is a bust, I'm joining you at the mall, Jimin." Hoseok said. Taehyung and Seokjin decided to tag along as well after finding their locations held nothing of importance as well.

"I'm moving to the parlor across the street now." Namjoon said. "Yoongi, join Jungkook at the bowling alley if you finish before him."

"On my way now."

Eighteen minutes later and Yoongi was beside Jungkook. The bowling alley was huge, roughly the size of a small casino. Together, they covered the rest of the ground, finding that their location was, like the others, unsuccessful-

"Shh." Yoongi said, holding the hand that wasn't currently grasping a pistol out in the hair, signaling for silence. Jungkook pursed his lips and strained his ears, hearing nothing. But they waited, knowing that if Yoongi's cat like hearing skills picked up on something, it was worth investigating.

Then, through the chilly void of absent sound, a soft cry was heard.

Yoongi's head whipped around and he locked eyes with Jungkook, like two milk duds passing a shimmer of hope to oceans of ebony waters.

"Red." He whispered, sending the message to the others. They found her.

(Yeah I'll prolly delete this later lmao)