Yoonmin

Yoongi wasn't expecting it when he woke up and checked his phone, seeing that it hadn't charged at all though it was plugged in. He grumbled incoherent morning complaints and pulled the cord out, turning it and plugging it back into the phones jack. But nothing.

"Seriously." He groaned, rolling out of bed. He dug around for an old charger and tried that one only to have the same outcome. He assumed the outlet was just bad and tried both chargers on a different one. But still, his phone remained dead and the chargers didn't work. He was about to throw both chargers away and go to the store to get a new one when he glanced at his TV, seeing that the light wasn't on. But it was plugged in. So he reached for the remote and pressed the power button anyways. Nothing. He flicked the light switch. Nothing.

With an idea in his head he shoved the blinds aside and peered outside. Snow. It was everywhere, weighing down tree branches, covering cars completely. Every light was off. It seemed to whole street lost power- the whole town.

Yoongi huffed, not sure how he didn't know about the incoming storm until it was to late. Even if he did have a fully charged phone, the WiFi router wasn't working. The food in the fridge would go bad if the power wasn't restored soon, the house would get cold- it was just overall a bad morning. And bad mornings made Yoongi grumpy. Real grumpy.

Minutes later when he checked outside again he saw that some houses had light shining through their windows and he assumed they had generators. One lucky house seemed to be Yoongi's neighbor, one that he had never really talked to- he didn't talk to anybody- but knew he was a nice guy. So Yoongi slid on a jacket and shoes, stepping out into the blowing snow without even bothering to check his hair or put on warmer pants.

Yoongi shuffled up the steps of his neighbor's porch and rasped against the cold door, quickly shoving his hands into his pockets. It wasn't a long wait before it creaked open and a boy poked their head out, face scrunched up in confusion.

"Hello?" He asked. "Yoongi? What are you doing out there it's freezing!"

"Well-"

"Don't even answer come in." The boy said, grabbing Yoongi's arm and pulling him inside. Yoongi stumbled in, a chill running down his spine with the temperature change. "What are you doing traveling through that weather?!"

"Well long story short I had no idea this was going to happen and my phone's useless so I couldn't call a friend."

"You don't have a backup generator?"

"No." Yoongi scoffed, closing his eyes and relishing the warmth. When he opened them he saw his neighbor studying him closely, the intense stare making Yoongi feel a little intimidated.

"Have you eaten? Are you cold? Would you like a warm blanket?" He asked, bombarding Yoongi with questions.

"No but-"

"Come on, I haven't eaten yet either so we can have breakfast together." Yoongi laughed at his happy and bossy attitude, following him out into his kitchen.

"So when did we lose power?" Yoongi asked, watching his neighbor's back as he turned on the stove and placed a skillet against the burner.

"Uhm, an hour or so ago I believe."

"Do you know when we're getting it back?"

"Nope." He chuckled.

"Hopefully it's soon." Yoongi mumbled, rubbing his large hands over his face with frustration. "I'm worried about my equipment and the stuff in the fridge."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you've got an at home studio."

"Yeah, everything's gonna take a while to warm back up if it gets too cold." Yoongi sighed and folded his arms, laying his head against them as he listened to his neighbor crack eggs.