Only Sea You (pt. 2)

(AU)

"I'm Jeongguk, by the way." Taehyung glanced up at the boy, watching him fondle with the wires in the control panel while he nibbled on a nutrients bar they found in the trunk. They had solar power for now, but once the sun went down, they'd have nothing. "Jeon Jeongguk."

"Jeon?!" Taehyung sputtered. He heard Jeongguk's low chuckle while he was coughing, a piece of granola stuck in his throat. "Like, Jeon as in the son of Jeon Joohyun?!"

"Yeah, that's my father." Jeongguk said. "He'll get us out of this mess soon, but in the mean time, we need to fix this. And I have no fucking experience with this shit."

"Move aside, rich boy." Taehyung said, confidently skipping up to the box.

"What do you know?" Jeongguk snorted. "I thought you were a storage boy."

So there was the dynamic between the two. Jeongguk, son of a rich man and very smart. Taehyung, a minor storage boy with a creative mind. They were on two different ends of the spectrum.

"Shut up." Taehyung said as he rolled his eyes. "I used to do repairs on the seamoths with my friend all the time."

"They allowed you in the seamoth bay?"

"Well, technically, no. I'm actually banned from the prawnsuit bay because I broke one."

"Wait a minute- you're Kim Taehyung?"

"Oh, I must be famous." Taehyung grinned. This wire shit was easy. He was able to fix it while Jeongguk was scolding him in the background.

"You're lucky we're in this situation. I'd have you suspended if we were back on the ship."

"But guess what? We're here. Together. Stuck. So let's not fight or anything, okay?"

"You're right." Jeongguk exhaled.

"Shake on it?"

Jeongguk scoffed in disbelief but shook Taehyung's larger hand anyways.

"Now come on. I want to open the top hatch and see what we're dealing with."

Taehyung agreed and as Jeongguk climbed up the ladder, Taehyung admired his legs. They were nice.

On top of the life pod, Jeongguk helped Taehyung crawl out the hatch and then they both took one big look around them.

Water. So much water.

Calm waves lapped against the life pod, rocking it gently. The sky was clear, breeze warm. Taehyung was genuinely in awe for a moment. It looked beautiful.

Until he turned around and saw what Jeongguk had been staring at. His eyes were void of emotion, which was strange to see on a face as delicate as his. Taehyung would've taken the time to look over his features with how close they were standing, but the Aurora was right there, fire escaping out the windows, but mostly intact.

Taehyung could roughly estimate the space between the Aurora and their life pod, but it didn't matter. It wasn't a grest swimming distance. He'd drown before he'd make it.

"Let's go back inside." Taehyung said. Between now and five seconds ago, Jeongguk had closed a part of himself off. Taehyung could sense it, but he wasn't sure what.

Inside the life pod, Jeongguk dug through the trunk. He found a few water bottles, a tablet that he handed to Taehyung- who was standing nearby- to boot up, and some swim gear.

Taehyung prayed to the lord above that the tablet would turn on. He tapped the screen, as if waking it up, and then it blinked awake. He smiled, grateful.