Go Big or Go Home (smut)

(10k words of hot dudes, subspace, and proper subspace negotiation! Yes I know most of my stories are smut and for those who don't like that, I'm sorry. I'm working on a very big story right now and the smut in it is completely irrelevant, therefore skippable!!

Title: Go Big or Go Home by Enhypen;
The hole Taehyung talks about when he's writing is inspired by Stephen King's idea in his book Misery.

Anyways, don't forget to vote or comment or simply read if that's what you like <3)

He had said it so unequivocally enthusiastic that Taehyung didn't bother second guessing it like he usually does when it comes to Jeongguk's impulsive spontaneity. The thing about them being roommates for so long is that they just get each other in an implicit, abstract manner, just by gauging each other's body positioning. Like if Jeongguk's toes are angled inward while he's sitting he's feeling anxious or nervous, but if they're nearly touching while he's standing he's either got to take a leak or he's trying to contain an overwhelming urge to do something (read: he can't practice patience for the life of him). It wasn't the first time Jeongguk ran to outside plans unannounced. He's got a life beyond their atmosphere as roommates and good friends. And Taehyung's got things to do, so as he stuck Jeongguk's well-being on the back burner, he jumped back into the gaping hole of his next novel. This hole sometimes yawns open with an earnest embrace, and Taehyung falls into its cavernous depths easily--words and phrases come to him as if floating on a steadfast tropical breeze. His fingers fly across the keyboard of his laptop where it's perched in his lap. This unfathomable, bottomless chasm tends to open up when Taehyung is alone and working in silence, which means Jeongguk can't be anywhere within a mile of Taehyung. Even if he's in another room, the hole only winks open a smidge, and Taehyung has to force himself into it; the words have to squeeze their way into the front of his mind and he's constantly scrambling for his thoughts. Jeongguk just has a habit of capturing Taehyung attention if he's in the vicinity--which isn't his fault. He's that kind of person naturally. The one people subconsciously float towards. His gravitational pull is no joke.

Moreover, Taehyung is confident in Jeongguk's ability to handle himself. He's only ever concerned because that's just the hyung in him. Being so young still, Taehyung doesn't have many younger peers to look out for. He takes a domestic pleasure in looking out for Jeongguk, even though he trusts him and his impulsive decisions. The hyung in him wants to guide Jeongguk and be there when he needs it without directly pushing it onto him. He's never really exercised his hyung abilities. Jeongguk's proven time and time again that he's a big boy. In all possible meanings of that phrase.

But. But the confidence and joy he exuded when he marched out the front door is such a stark contrast compared to the void and unanimated being that must've possessed Jeongguk sometime between then and now. One glance up from his laptop screen—that's been burning his retinas for the last two and a half hours—is all Taehyung needs to notice Jeongguk's state. With clarity, he realizes Jeongguk is not okay. And with a pinch of horror, Taehyung realizes he doesn't know what to do solely because he's never comforted Jeongguk before. Not like he obviously needs right now. Sure, he's given him a pat on the shoulder when he told Taehyung he couldn't beat his bench press PR or when he said he met someone who didn't turn out to suit him like he'd hoped. But that's all trivial in the face of Jeongguk's current emotionless facade. Taehyung's never seen anything like it on anyone ever.

Hesitantly shutting his erotica WIP with shaky hands, Taehyung sets his laptop aside and follows a sluggish Jeongguk into the kitchen. Wordlessly, the younger pulls a glass from the cupboard and fills it. Downs it in one go. Then repeats. Taehyung studies his limbs, the way it looks as if he's swimming through molasses and everything tangible is linked to him by means of syrupy chains. Taehyung inhales deeply and wills his heart to calm. Jeongguk needs him right now, in whatever way they may be, and he needs to get into Hyung Mode. And fast. Otherwise Jeongguk might start flaking off at the edges and fading into the fourth dimension with a forlorn "Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good" echoing in the distance.