Girl Next Door (pt. 2)

AU
————————————————————
Since Jung Hoseok and Song Eunmi became best friends after the 'accident', it birthed a few problems. One being that since it was so spontaneous, people had their suspicions and spread rumors, but there were some already in place so it didn't bother them, the two could ignore them.

Two; Hoseok and Eunmi already had really close friends before they started hanging out. Hoseok's friends weren't like Eunmi's friends so they didn't connect very well, but that didn't stop Eunmi and Hoseok from seeing each other- which created an issue within itself because now their friends were pissed.

Three; Hoseok was a boy. Eunmi didn't understand boys in the slightest and becoming best friends with one was, well, different. Hoseok loved contact so he was always touching Eunmi, whether it be a hug or a playfull shove or a tackle or anything really, Hoseok was a funny guy. Every time he touched her she felt a warm spark where their skin met and it always kickstarted her heart. And since they were best friends they had sleepovers, went out together, met each other's parents- everything best friends would do.

Except Eunmi couldn't stop her heart from racing. Why did it do that around him? How come, whenever she looked into his pretty ebony eyes, her heart would thump quickly? How come, when she heard his sweet laugh, bubbly like no other, her heart would backflip?

When she was with other guys, they never made her feel the way Hoseok did. So did that mean she's... in love?

Does she love Hoseok?

Oh no...

-

"Eunnie!" Hoseok exclaimed happily when Eunmi opened her front door. She smiled and embraced Hoseok in a warm hug, sighing in content as his scent wafted into her nose. He smelled of fresh linen with a hint of manly musk and Eunmi found that she related the smell to home.

"Hobi I missed you~" Eunmi giggled, pulling him inside. His hair was windswept and Eunmi fixed it by combing her hands through it, separating the dark waves.

"You saw me hours ago at school dummy." Hoseok laughed as he took off his shoes. Eunmi took his overnight bag and hauled it up the stairs to her room where she put it next to her closet.

"So? That doesn't mean anything." She huffed. Hoseok shook his head at her, smiling softly, and flopped backwards onto her bed, his head falling over the foot.

"So are you finally going to beat me at Mario Kart?"

"Uhm yeah." Eunmi said, crossing her arms. One of many traits that Eunmi had was being competitive, which she rarely showed unless provoked. "I've learned that I need more motivation, which is why I've made a rule."

"A rule?"

"Well it's more a deal of sorts."

"What is it?" Hoseok said, flipping over so he was looking at Eunmi not upside down.

"The loser has to do whatever the winner says. No chickening out."

"Deal!" Hoseok said quickly, scrambling off the bed to shake Eunmi's outstretched hand in final confirmation. "Get ready to do what I say princess." He winked. Eunmi scowled and smacked him on the shoulder, chasing Hoseok downstairs to deliver another. Apparently she was quite violent too.

-

After many rounds of yelling, cheering, cheating, and purposely missing dinner, the last round was finally finished and Hoseok screamed, shooting into the air in victory.

"HAHAH YES! I won! I told you you couldn't beat me!" He laughed, beaming brightly. Eunmi sulked, pouting at the TV as Hoseok's character raced around. Honestly she was sure he had a lucky character, not that his skill were what got him the win. "I'll say, you're motivation did work well, I was preparing the lose near the end."