Phantom Figure (Potential Book??)

PLEASE READ!!!!
I really need your opinion here since my content is for you. This chapter is sort of a prologue of sorts for that idea I mentioned on my message board. It's okay if you didn't read the message, you don't have too, but would you like me to continue this into a book? I don't have a mafia fic lol, and quite frankly, I didn't think I'd ever make one because a good mafia fic is well planned out and they're also kind of popular in this fandom? I think? I don't want to bore you. Just tell me what you think please (I'm getting on my knees here I'm that desperate for feedback). I'd really like to hear your opinions. And if you do like it, go ahead and tell me what you'd like to see! If you want a certain ship or a certain type of character (like personality and backstory) then I'm more than willing to hear your suggestions! I'd love to put some of your ideas into a book, you're all creative and I know it. :)

Also I know what's here isn't that much, but have a little faith in me 'cause I have an overall idea haha, I just didn't want to make it too long :3
————————————————————
AU
————————————————————
The bright lights that doused you in sweat and warmth, the stage of which you danced upon in a flowing rhythm, like a flower blooming or a firework shattering in the night sky with fizzy colors of gold and white. It was mesmerizing, magical, beautiful, the way people could dance and make it look so effortless and precise and when added to a delicate tempo, soft chords, it could strike a pang within your heart of appreciation, inspiration, love. Or alternatively speaking, a heavy beat, staccato, sleek and hard and different. It leaves your bones shaking with excitement and thrill. It's exhilarating, quick and fast and memorable.

Either way, when paired with props and scenery and lyrics, an angelic voice or a gritty voice or anything else, it makes for a bigger bang, a show, a grand performance. To thrive in front of an applauding crowd, knowing you've struck each and every one of them with a sliver of your passion, your talent, was Jeon Jungkook's dream.

Jungkook belonged under that spotlight. He wished, ever since he could wiggle his toes and fingers, to be on a stage, in front of millions, sharing his love for dance.

But alas, he was young and big dreams like that didn't work out for people like Jeon Jungkook. He was too poor, too naive, too little to do anything that didn't exist within the walls of his bedroom. Dancing in front of his tall mirror, creating choreography in his little head that was already full of useless nonsense, scolding himself when he messed up or fell off beat, would have to suffice. He'd have to deal with his dream on a small wick, burning inside him, the flames flickering slowly, concealed from the big world.

The only sweet taste of the stage Jungkook was allowed came in the form of an old victorian theater down on 5th Avenue. His hometown was famous for that theater, in all its golden glory, high ceilings and wood carved arches, dirty velvet curtains and drapes along the layered walls. The stage was beat up, scratched, the result of shoes scuffing against it, chipping away at its varnish finish- but that was its charm.

The very first step inside the theater was breathtaking. Tall columns stretched to the ceiling, from which an enchanting chandelier hang, glimmering and shining dimly, blowing shadows away with its yellow light. There were pretty balconies, which no one had been on but it added to the old aesthetic.

Up the stairs, lined with a dark, navy blue carpet and trimmed with gold railings, lay the stage, ethereal and calm before the show.

Everything was just old and dusty but it was beautiful and absolutely full of mystery. It was constantly the talk of the town.

Jungkook went to that theater every weekend, right after school on Friday's and he'd watched the performance, come back for Saturday's surprise, then back again to see what was showing on Sunday- which was usually a repeat of Friday's act for those who couldn't make it the first day. But hey, Jungkook didn't mind watching again, he was able to make out footwork and falsettos he didn't catch the first time in his amazed haze.

Today was Friday and he had been looking forward to the end of the school day so he could race to the theater. It didn't matter how many times he had been there, he was still enthralled but the structure of the building each and every time he entered. He paid for his ticket and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his uniform slacks as he strolled away from the booth. His fingers itched to trace along the engravings of the walls but he knew that if he touched such an ancient thing, he'd regret it for eternity. He only touched what was necessary, everything thing else, every sculpture, every fountain of crystal beads, where all safe from his greedy hands because, guess what, Jungkook had self control when it came to this theater. Anywhere else, well, you could say he was like every other teenager and curiosity most often got the best of him.

The sound of light chatter echoed off the ceiling as the audience filed in through the entrance. There were two sets of them, actually, and families and groups of friends flowed from them, eager to find a good seat for the show.

Jungkook always sat in the same spot. He made sure to get there early every night so he could get the best spot right in the middle of the room. It would take nearly an hour until the auditorium was full but Jungkook busied himself with the architecture of the theater. He looked around, studying everything in awe, craning his head over his shoulder, a sparkle in his eyes that mimicked the brightness of his smile.

That sparkle faltered when he looked behind him. There was another level up higher but it was strictly off limits. Personally Jungkook didn't get that. Everybody knew the man who owned this theater was very smart, and a whole other level of seating meant more money, so why close it off?

That though entered Jungkook's mind a few times but he didn't bother with it at the moment. Right now, he was curious about another strange thing. Up on the balcony was a figure. Jungkook couldn't make out their face, let alone who they were. Darkness swallowed them, making it hard for them to be seen. Jungkook had to squint to see the figure, so he assumed the figure wanted to be secretive. They didn't want to be seen, they were hiding, not even leaning against the edge to peer down at the crowd. They weren't relaxed, from their tense posture, they looked aware, as if surveying the crowd out of suspicion.

Jungkook felt an uneasy pit settle in his gut. From where he was, he had no idea if the figure was actually looking at him, but he felt it. He felt their lingering eyes, staring deep into his soul, picking apart every little detail as if he were a puzzle made for a toddler. It was piercing and unsettling and Jungkook gulped, immediately turning around in his seat, now facing the stage.

Throughout the ensemble Jungkook felt those eyes, burning holes into the back of his head. The small peach like hairs on the back of his neck stood on end, making his skin tickle uncomfortably. He tried to ignore it as best as he could so he could enjoy the performance in front of him and part of him was getting irritated with whoever was on that balcony. They were ruining the show for Jungkook by bothering him, distracting him with their heated gaze. Aforementioned, that level wasn't available to the public, so somehow, a rebellious kid had snuck up there. What and idiot. He was selfish to do that and Jungkook wanted to teach him a lesson about respecting this theater, of which he was deeply infatuated with, but a doubt swirled in the back of his mind. 

What if that was the owner standing up there?

It wouldn't make any sense, everybody knew the owner was almost always out of town- yet he was somehow famous among the residents. Citizens gossiped about his good looks even though it was foolery. They just did it for attention, to make their image 'better'. Jungkook thought they were all just a waste of perfectly good theater air. 

So who was up there then? And why, of the hundreds in this room, were they staring at Jungkook?

————————————————————
Who do you think it was?👀

Edit: The book is out haha