Pure

Angel x Devil AU
————————————————————
Seokjin was sent down to earth on a very specific mission. He was to find the demon lurking around, carelessly causing destruction in its wake, and immediately drag it back to hell. Sending a demon back to hell was easy for an angel, all they had to do was place their pure hand against the demon's heart. But, based on the information heaven received from tracking the demon who snuck onto earth, it would prove to be difficult. The demon was messy and sneaky and finding him alone would be tricky since demons were always out having their way with humans.

Seokjin could only cover up his angelic aura so much.

He walked through the streets, sighing uncomfortably. He wasn't used to the dirty environment or the crowd of unorganized people, and what bugged him the most was that he had to tuck his wings away to conceal his identity. Seokjin never liked coming to earth because of that reason, and leaving his halo at home was like leaving a part of himself so he felt... disconnected and lonely down here. He tried to make an offer to send a lower classes angel, but nobody was having that. They wanted Seokjin, one of their highest ranked angels, possibly the most pure of them all. He was clean and untainted by the touch of a demons hands. No demon had ever came into contact with Seokjin, and that was simply because he always outsmarted them. And, although it was rare, Seokjin was also physically stronger than some demons. That's what made him so valuable.

But today he would lose just a sliver of that innocent purity. He would touch a demon today, lay his hand against their chest, and that would send them back to the blazing pit of hell, where they belonged for sinning.

Seokjin followed the faded scent of the demon. They always smiled the same- burning fabric and smoke. Seokjin didn't care for what went down in hell, simply because he earned the right to become an angel by living a good life. This demon, whoever they may be, had done something so bad it tarnished their contract to heaven and 'HELL' was stamped everywhere in big black letters. Maybe he was a murderer, or a criminal of another sort, but either way, he should be crying in hell, not relishing in the freedom of earth. Walking among humans was an angel's privilege, nobody else's.

Seokjin picked up on a strong scent and he followed it carefully. He strolled casually as if it was a normal day, ignoring the looks people gave him. He had such an angelic face and to contrast with it to dull suspicion, Seokjin threw on a lovely suit. The jacket had gold accents, a signature color in heaven. He looked out of a magazine but he supposed this unwanted attention was better than any other kind.

They people were just swooning as he made his merry way along the sidewalk.

The scent he was following matched the correct description of a demon with a hint of masculinity and spice. It was rather odd but Seokjin continued along, purposely but mindfully walking straight up to a club. The bouncer gave one look at Seokjin and opened the door, inclining his head slightly as Seokjin thanked him and passed through. Seokjin sat on a high pedestal, and humans noticed that too. He wasn't cocky about his position and he didn't flaunt it, because that was kind of rude, and god forbid the day Seokjin acted rude to anybody who didn't deserve it. Very few times did Seokjin lash out, but that was for scolding and the purpose of teaching a lesson, so it was allowed.

Little did he know, this demon would pick quite the fight.

It was easy to locate the demon. He was the bulk of a crowd, the very center of it. Women and men surrounded him from where he sat on a large black couch, a drink in his hand. Seokjin was already infuriated with his immaturity, for his horns were out in the open for everybody to see. That was a problem of it's own and he hoped the humans were either too drunk to think much of it or too dumb to assume they were real and actually in the presence of a deadly demon.