Every Kiss Begins With K(im Taehyung)

(AU; thought of this randomly. Will not apologize for title. Thank you.)

"Pick a color."

Taehyung askes this on their last project too. They worked on surrealism, and he asked Yoongi to pick a color.

It's one of the many conversations they have at the art table since this year started. It's just Taehyung and Yoongi who sit here and occasionally another girl who's too quiet to join their conversations anyways. Yoongi doesn't talk to Taehyung outside of art class in the morning. To be honest, he didn't know about the lowerclassman until he sat down beside Yoongi on the first day of school.

But conversation flows easy, so Yoongi doesn't mind. Talking about art is fun, especially when it's with someone who is clearly very passionate. Yoongi has learned through their art chats that Taehyung is really into photography-- he's on the year book committee-- and playing the saxophone in jazz band during zero hour. Yoongi sometimes wishes he had that many hobbies, but alas, he would rather spend time drowning in music and doodling in notebooks. Yes, he's low-key that angsty kid in the back row.

"Blue." Yoongi says, plucking the sketch pencil from Taehyung's personal assortment and handing it to him. Taehyung smiles and twirls the pencil around his finger.

"Thanks. Now, the real question, what should I draw?"

"Anything you'd like." Yoongi shrugs. He's already pulled out a rough draft paper. It's as blank as Taehyung's, though. But that's fine because this is their first day in class that they get to work on it.

"Cubism or pointillism?" Taehyung asks aloud. Yoongi mulls it over for a moment. Taehyung could do either or and make a beautiful piece. So Yoongi goes with his first thought.

"Cubism."

"Pointillism is stupid anyways." Taehyung laughs. "Too many dots. Too little time."

Yoongi smiles softly. He's going to do a pointillism piece just to show Taehyung up. Because he can.

Three school days into the project and they're finally pulling out their final draft canvases. Clean and barren of a single graphite smudge, Yoongi thinks about where he'd like to place his first dot.

"I recommend top left." Taehyung says, seemingly reading Yoongi's mind. "If you're working with paint, then you shouldn't have to worry about smearing it or touching it while it's still drying."

"You're right." Yoongi says. He gets up to grab a pallet-- which are paper plates because the school has more important things to spend money on-- and squeezes globs of blue, red, and yellow, along with some white, black, and a bit of medium, just in case. Yoongi has always admired the after math of a paint pallet. He likes all the mixed colors and shades. It's pretty if one knows what they're doing rather than wasting space.

Yoongi begins with a few small dots. The foreground will have bigger dots, so he thinks for the first day, he'll calmly focus on the insignificant ones without stressing over proportions.

While mixing up a new, lighter shade of grey for a particular cloud in the sky, Yoongi glances at Taehyung's cubism project.

He's exceptionally talented at drawing and even better at using value. But... the downside to monochrome is that there is no contrast. There's nothing that sticks out the way a single, constrasting point would. Yoongi wonders why Taehyung's projects are always monochrome. Always. Maybe he likes to challenge himself? Yoongi is pretty sure the teacher would discourage that, but she never makes Taehyung do otherwise. It's probably because she knows he'll make the best piece regardless.

"I like your outfit today." Taehyung says. Yoongi hums out a thank you. "It's very strange on you. I think you should wear more things like this."