Christmas

Although it was quite adorable, and Ashlyn could take a lot of cat videos, it was really hard to handle. She knew she'd have to find a new home for the cats.

"Are you going home for Christmas?" Draco asked sitting down on the edge of the bed as Ashlyn levitated the laundry basket in front of her, entering the room.

"What do you mean?" Ashlyn said. "I am home, aren't I?"

Draco sighed. "You know what I mean. Are you going to your parents' place?"

"Hmmm...I'm not sure..." Ashlyn trailed off as she waved her wand and her freshly laundered clothes folded themselves and settled in their designated places.

"No, I'm not going," she said finally, closing the wardrobe door. "Why? You want to go drinking with my father?"

Draco visibly paled. "Don't remind me," he said weakly, giving an involuntary shudder. 

Ashlyn chuckled and made to exit the room, but found herself trapped in Draco's arms. 

"So, it's our first Christmas together?" he said softly, placing his head on her shoulder and tightening his arms around her waist.

"Well..." Ashlyn started musingly. "Technically..."

"Don't want to hear it," Draco cut her off and pinned her against the wall, trailing kisses on her neck.

Ashlyn wrapped her arms around his neck with a small smile, closing her eyes and leaning in. Their lips were merely a millimetre away from each other when an angry meow met their ears.

Ashlyn's eyes snapped open and she looked down.

"Oh, hello, Buttercup," she cooed looking at the calico at their feet. "Hungry?"

"No, he's not," Draco said shortly, grabbing her chin and tilting her to face him. "I am, though,"

Ashlyn scoffed lightly, feeling the blush creep up her cheeks and closed her eyes again, waiting, but the cat protested again.

"You should go feed him," Ashlyn said matter-of-factly.

"No," Draco said, a certain stiffness to his shoulders. "Ignore him,"

'Meow!'

"You really should—"

"First this,"

"MEOWWW!"

"Fine!" Draco snapped, throwing his hands up in defeat, drawing away. "Fine! Fine!" he bellowed.

"We're not finished here," he told Ashlyn who was clutching her stomach and laughing at his expression as he stormed out the room after the calico. 

Ashlyn went out to the living room, still giggling as she watched Draco flick his wrist, filling the food tray.

"There," he said savagely as the cat scarfed the food down. "Eat and I hope you choke on it,"

"Draco!" Ashlyn scolded, but Draco was a bit too pissed.

"Now, come here," he demanded. Ashlyn raised her eyebrow incredulously but complied none the less.

Draco's arm snaked around her waist and pulled her close again, his eyes boring into hers. 

"I can hear your heartbeat," he said with a smirk.

"Shush," Ashlyn hissed, pulling him down by the collar of his shirt. "Yours is beating louder,"

Their eyes fluttered close and they were about to kiss, when the roaring fire turned green and Ginny stumbled out.