Christmas

Ashlyn slammed her head on the table. This was a disaster. 

She still had three more cases to look into, not to mention she had procrastinated like a pro and her workload was twice as heavy as her. And on top of all that, she had promised to go to Hermione and Ron's for dinner that evening, because they hadn't been spending much time together, and Ginny had a free day too, which was rare. She had promised to go, so now she couldn't bail. Then she had to change her bed sheets, clean the house in general. Not to mention all the laundry that's been piling up, and the bathrooms needed to be cleaned too. Responsibilities. Responsibilities. Responsibilities.

Usually, she would have been jamming to the song which was playing in the background, but today she was not in a mood to even register it. 

With a groan, she heaved herself from her chair and made her way out of the room to the kitchen, swearing under her breath.

As she poured herself another coffee, she noticed that the song that was playing was Payphone by Maroon 5

It was almost ending.

'I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone?
Baby, it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?~'

Ashlyn sighed as she brought her coffee mug to her lips, tapping her foot to the beat.

"If "Happy Ever After" did exist
I would still be holding you like this," she sang under her breath.

'All these fairy tales are full of shit
Yeah, one more fucking love song, I'll be sick~'

"That's an optimistic outlook on life," 

Ashlyn jumped a foot, startled. 

"Draco!" she cried, placing a hand on her chest, as she sighed in relief. "Why do you do this? It scares my soul out of me, you jerk!"

Draco shrugged and sauntered into the kitchen, heaving himself onto the counter and grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl beside him.

"Not that one," Ashlyn chided. "Take the green,"

"What's your obsession with green apples?" Draco said, almost scared for her sanity.

"I'm a fangirl, Malfoy," Ashlyn deadpanned. "And when I tell you to take a green apple, you take a goddamned green apple, or I'll skin you like one,"

"Good Merlin, woman, you need help," Draco said, taking the green apple anyway. 

Ashlyn didn't exactly ship Drapple, she just found it hilarious. And she found immense satisfaction from making Draco eat green apples. She had never seen him eat green apples during their time in school, and it just didn't sit with her as a fangirl.

"What are you here for?" she asked taking another swig of her coffee.

"You told me caffeine was a drug," Draco said starring at the mug in her hands. "What are you trying to do? Damage that brain of yours?"

"That was not my question," Ashlyn snapped.

"No reason," Draco said, swinging his legs and jumping off the counter. "Just wanted to drop in,"

"You were starving and realised you had nothing to eat at home so you came to raid my house," Ashlyn droned, staring at him incredulously.

"It scares me how you know me so well," Draco laughed. ". . .What's up with you? Stressed? You look dead,"

"Thanks," Ashlyn said blankly. "I wish I was,"

"Yeah," Draco nodded. "That is not a topic we joke about like that, alright?"