Preparations 3

"Oh, great," Ashlyn sighed as they walked out of the office to their cubicles.

"I mean, should've seen this coming. Even if they did seem like a lot of nutjobs, Voldemort wouldn't have taken them in until they showed potential, and he would have obviously built on them,"

"Great. Just great," she said sarcastically. "Yeah. Not a problem at all. Just five Death Eaters, with wands. What is there to worry about?"

She let out a small scoff.

"You know what? I'm going to conjure a frickin' AK-47 and blast those assholes apart. Or, I dunno, drop a bomb, or something,"

"What are you going to do anyway?" Ashlyn asked turning to look at Harry.

"What about me?"

"Your wedding," she said matter-of-factly. "It will still happen, won't it?"

"Yeah, we might have to reduce the number of guests," Harry said. "It's not like I'll have too much time for everything,"

"Fewer guests, huh?" Ashlyn muttered. That didn't seem like saying a lot. There was a whole crowd of redheads at Ron's wedding, and Ashlyn was positively surprised that there were so many Weasleys. She had thought that the ones she had seen at Bill and Fleur's was incredible.

She remembered what Ron's Great Aunt Muriel had said, 'Breed like gnomes, don't they?'

Ah, well...not exactly gnomes...but...there were many...you get the idea...

But that thought was wiped out form her head when she saw Draco slip into his chair at his desk. She waved Harry goodbye and hurried over to the other end.

"You just came?" she said incredulously.

"Might have slept in," He said sheepishly.

"Slept in? You went back to sleep after I left?" Ashlyn said, pushing herself onto the desk, with a small frown. She had pushed the dum-dum out of bed, and into the bathroom before she left, and here he was, late and still sleepy.

Draco yawned and put his head on her lap.

"Well, I might have something to wake you up," she said with a sigh.

"A kiss?" he asked sounding slightly hopeful.

"No," Ashlyn deadpanned. "An Azkaban breakout,"

Draco sat bolt upright, completely awake.

"What?!"

Ashlyn sighed. "Five Death Eaters escaped the prison, and three Aurors down. Robards will fill everyone in. They are armed, and we will be stationing ourselves like everywhere. Mainly where the Ministry thinks they are likely to go...And that includes your parents' place,"

"I could go—"

Ashlyn spoke over him. "You will not be the one,"

"But-"

"No," she said firmly. "It's really assigned at random. And of course, requests can be made, but it's not the best,"

"It's because I was one too, isn't it?" he sneered.

Ashlyn sighed. "Not exactly,"

"Oh, I know where this is going," Draco snapped. "I can't do it, because I might join them again. Isn't that what the Ministry is thinking? Well, jokes on them. They wouldn't take us in even if we tried joining,"

"I know—" Ashlyn started.

"My parents! They will be in danger! Don't you get it?!"

Ashlyn sighed. She grabbed his face with both hands and tilted it up.