(...Umm...)

When she heard the news, Hermione let out a squeal of joy and ran downstairs.

"Hermione! Wait!" Ginny cried, rushing after her. But Hermione had already thrown a handful of floor powder into the flames and stepped in.

A few seconds of a colourful whirl and she stepped out of the fireplace in Ashlyn's house.

Hermione froze.

She was here to deliver happy news. But this was most certainly not what she had expected. All she could do was gape.

Ashlyn and Malfoy lay in a tangle on the sofa, kissing fiercely, hands running all over each other, with not a care in the world.

They pulled away for a second, and Malfoy whispered something in Ashlyn's ear. Then she heard Ashlyn giggle. Never had she heard the other girl giggle like that. And they were back to kissing again.

A hand flew up to Hermione's face, as it lit up with glee. Why, wasn't it a wonderful time for romance all around. Luna's recent letter told them that she had found a nice guy, Ashlyn had finally gotten together with Malfoy, and Ginny—

The flames glowed green again, and Ginny stepped out, a bright smile on her face. She was about to speak, but her eyes found the scene in front of them first.

"Oh. My. God." she said loudly.

Malfoy tumbled off the sofa and fell to the ground with a thud. Ashlyn sat up straight, flustered, and straightening her shirt hurriedly.

"Hermione, Ginny," she breathed, as wincing, Malfoy got up from the floor. "What are you doing here?"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ginny said accusingly, jerking a thumb at Draco.

"Well, I didn't have much time for a friendly chat," Ashlyn said, patting her hair, with a red flush on her face. Draco, on the other hand, looked as though he didn't mind at all, but instead, he was enjoying Ashlyn's reaction. That git.

"With the new case, you know the one," Ashlyn ranted, as Draco sat down beside her, and put an arm around her waist. By instinct, Ashlyn leaned into the touch.

"Almost had a building demolished. Muggle that too,"

"You don't have time to tell us, but you have plenty of time to snog?" Ginny scoffed as she came over. 

Draco rolled his eyes but decided not to say anything.

"And Hermione, you didn't know?"

"Well, I was busy too," Hermione said half sheepishly, half elated. "And yes we didn't have much time to chat,"

Ginny scoffed lightly.

"So how long?" she said questioningly.

"Five months," Draco said simply. Hermione and Ginny gaped.

"You didn't know? What a shame," he drawled.

"Don't exaggerate," Ashlyn chided. "Only a bit more than two months," she said in a small voice.

"TWO MONTHS?!" Ginny and Hermione cried.

"How the hell did you keep it a secret for so long?" Ginny blurted.

"We didn't keep anything a secret," Ashlyn said, glancing at Draco. "Just...everyone was busy with work,"

Hermione still looked devastated that she didn't know that her best friend was dating again, and that too for two whole months.

Draco got up, kissed Ashlyn and said. "See you later, Lynnie," then nodded at the other two,   "Granger, Weasley," and then stepped into the fire and floo-ed away.