Preparations 2

Ashlyn stood in front of the mirror, doing her hair, and checking it. 

"Looking good, Malfoy," she said looking at Draco's reflection in the mirror, as he adjusted his tie.

Draco looked up with a smile and came over.

He placed a hand on her back, causing Ashlyn to gasp slightly.

"Why are your hands so cold?" she hissed, turning around and grabbing his hands in hers. "Gosh, they are like ice! What did you do to them? Put them in the freezer?"

Draco scoffed and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer.

"Green suits you," he said. "Really suits you,"

"As long as I like it, every colour suits me," Ashlyn said looking away, slightly flushed. And, oh she was so sure that he would have that stupid smirk of his on his face.

"It's really testing my self-control, you know," he said, planting a kiss on her neck.

Ashlyn slapped his arm. "One more suggestive comment and I'll hex you,"

"Sure thing, darling," Draco grinned at Ashlyn's flushed face. She scowled back at him.

"Stop using that voice," she scolded.

"What voice?" Draco said knowing very well what she was talking about.

"That voice!"

"Hmm, that's not all too helpful, now is it?" Draco said in her ear.

"Oh, for heaven's sake, shut up," Ashlyn snapped, as he laughed his head off at her red face.  With a scoff, she slipped out of his grasp and made her way to the door.

"About what you said yesterday," he said suddenly, causing Ashlyn to freeze in her spot.

"Do you remember?...I'll take your silence as yes,"

Ashlyn sighed. Maybe it was now or never...Maybe it wasn't...

'You know it very well that half the dumb shit happens when people don't communicate properly,' the voice in her head said. 

'Just let it go with the flow,'

'That sounds like such a bad idea,' Ashlyn thought wryly.

"Well, I did say it was a theory," she shrugged. "But then again, maybe luck likes me. I mean, I've almost died at least more than three times already, sooooo,"

"And again, it might not happen at all. And all this worrying will be for nothing. Even if it does happen, I'll just make a wish again," she said simply.

"Now, we don't want to be late. Come on,"

Draco sighed and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm not trying to spoil your makeup, relax," he said as Ashlyn made to slip away again. "And, I'll be careful with your hair too, alright?... Let's just stay like this for a bit,"

Ashlyn could hear her heart beating like crazy, and she was sure he knew it too. 

"What you said," Draco said in a hushed whisper. "It scared me. So much. . .And I want you to know—"

He pulled away and placed a hand on her cheek.

"—I will never let you go, alright? Never," he said. "I don't know who this 'her' you were talking about, but she will never be anything compared to you,"

Ashlyn bit her lip. She had blabbed about Astoria.

"Gave me my greatest gift? I don't know what that is supposed to be, but let me tell you, you are my greatest gift. Sell my soul, you said? I would give my everything. Everything to have you by my side for the rest of my life,"