Through the Years

"Honestly, Draco, you need to stop that," Ashlyn scolded when she saw him levitating a magazine in front of his face.

"It's a hobby," Draco answered lazily from the armchair he was sitting on.

"It's an obsession," Ashlyn deadpanned. "All you are doing is wasting money, buying villas and plots you are never going to use in your life. Honestly!"

She shook her head.

"It's my money, I get to do whatever I want with it," he drawled. "And who said I'm not using them? It's for the future,"

Ashlyn scoffed. "Yeah right. And for your information, it's not yours. The money belongs to the Malfoy family,"

"Yeah, and I happen to be a part of the Malfoy family," Draco pressed on, still consulting the magazine.

"How did I ever get stuck with you," Ashlyn muttered darkly.

"Be thankful I don't gamble," Draco sneered.

"If you ever gamble, Draco Malfoy, I'll kick you out of this house," Ashlyn snapped.

"It's my house too," Draco shot back.

"Your point being?" Ashlyn sassed, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Whatever," Draco spat. "Go sit with that stupid case of yours,"

"I will," Ashlyn huffed and went back to the folder in front of her.

"You are obsessed too. Workaholism should also have treatment. Maybe a ward in St Mungo's for freaks obsessed with work, and we can go admit you there," he said.

Ashlyn glared at him, then with a light scoff, slammed the folder shut and left the room.

"What did I do now?" Draco sighed looking at Nash who gave him his usual disdainful look.

"It's not like I said anything wrong," Draco shrugged and returned to his magazine.

Then with a groan, he heaved himself off the armchair and hid the magazine under the cushion. He knew why she was so touchy that day. It was that time of her month, and he picked that day to piss her off. Oh, just great. 

"Ashlyn," he called.

She was reading a book, and she didn't even show any signs of having heard him. 

"C'mon. I'm sorry," he whined, taking the book away from her hands. All he got was a glare before she crossed her arms and turned to the other side with a frown.

"Come here," he said wrapping his arms around her. 

She slapped his arms away promptly.

Ah...He knew it. Ashlyn can get really petty, and he knew it better than anyone...

With a sigh, Draco pulled her closer again and put his chin on top of her head. 

"I'm sorry, Lynnie," he said. "I'll put that magazine away, alright? I already did,"

"You just stuffed it under the couch, didn't you?" Ashlyn snapped.

"What ever are you talking about?" Draco said blithely. "Of course not. Why would I do that?"

Ashlyn scoffed and pinched his arm. "Dummy. Don't you lie to me,"

"Alright, alright," Draco smirked. "But did you hear the good news?"

"What good news?" Ashlyn said curiously.

"Robards is retiring," he said, sounding rather proud.