Talk

"Are they staying over? Your parents?" Draco asked as they entered the golden elevators.

"Yup," Ashlyn said. "Around two weeks,"

Draco sighed. 

"You should come over sometime," she said. "For tea,"

"No thank you," Draco said firmly. "I really don't mind your parents, I don't. Your mum is really nice, but your father. He terrifies me,"

Ashlyn chuckled.

"I don't know if that is adorable or just stupid," she said. "Papa isn't that bad. You've just got to know him,"

"I swear he tries to kill me every time he sees me," Draco said desperately. "I'm not risking it,"

Ashlyn sighed incredulously. "Your loss," she said.

How ever does Papa manage to have such an effect on Draco? But it was really touching, seeing Draco just step down, to impress her parents. Mum always liked him, even before she met the dude. And the opposite goes for her father. He disliked Draco from the start, though it had nothing to do on Draco's part...maybe a little, but her father did dislike any boy that approached her. But he's softening up.

She sighed. What was the point, though...Wonder when Astoria and Draco would get together? Did they meet already? Wonder how they would meet anyway?. . . She shook her head. She really didn't want to think about it. 

January rolled in peacefully, the snow still glinting beautifully outside, covering the roads, the treetops. It was so nice and comfortable. 

That the only problem was getting out of bed. It was a daily struggle, hauling her ass out of her warm bed just to go to work. 

But Sundays meant she could sleep in, and the best part of the day was Brunch! And magic helps. Oh, hell it does. She could just levitate the stuff and have brunch in bed.

By four in the afternoon, however, she rolled off her bed and decided to do something productive. As much as she loved being lazy, it just was giving the opportunity for stupid thoughts to fly in and for her to begin overthinking.

She sat on the sofa for a bit, wondering what she could do. Reading a book sounded nice, but she wasn't exactly in a mood for that...Well, she could always eat.

Food. Always coming to the rescue. 

Well, it was mid-winter...and she had a sweet-tooth, so it was granted that she would bake something. But what?

"Okay! Cupcakes it is!"

Rather happily, she went into the kitchen to ready to bake. 

The best type of cooking is when you get to eat everything you prepared by yourself. Taking into consideration that the food is actually tasty and edible.

Her plan was, that she would bake, decorate the beautifully, take a picture, then scarf them all down by herself.

At least, that's what she had planned. And obviously, it all tumbled downhill.

Ashlyn was humming, as she pulled the freshly baked goods out of the oven. Some decoration and a picture, then they would be ready to eat. 

A smile spread across her face as the sweet smell of cakes just out of the oven wafted through the air. 

She sighed happily and closed her eyes, letting herself drift away in the heavenly smell—