Filler 2.004

Still contemplating in hushed whispers, Lyra and Rose dragged James up to the Gryffindor common room, with many questions thrown at them from their fellow students, which they deflected with vague, but believable answers.

But the ones they wanted to talk to were a bit too busy.

Ashlyn had vanished the second Dumbledore dismissed the school. And the others were still talking.

Scorpius placed a hand on Lyra's shoulder to let them know that they were there. Dominique was muttering to herself as she fiddled with a piece of parchment. Albus was listening intently to their parents' conversation.

"Who's this impartial judge who's going to decide who the champions are?" said Harry.

"Dunno," said Fred Weasley "but it's them we'll have to fool. I reckon a couple of drops of Aging Potion might do it, George. . . ."

"George looks different with two ears," Dominique whispered to them. 

All of them agreed to it. They had gotten used to seeing him with just one ear, that with two he just looked odd...But it was not really a shock that couldn't sink in, because George with two ears would look like Fred. 

"Dumbledore knows you're not of age, though," said Ron.

"Yeah, but he's not the one who decides who the champion is, is he?" said Fred shrewdly. "Sounds to me like once this judge knows who wants to enter, he'll choose the best from each school and never mind how old they are. Dumbledore's trying to stop us giving our names."

James, Albus and Scorpius snorted.

"That's dangerous," Rose hissed. Sure enough, her mother seemed to be having the same views.

"People have died, though!" said Hermione worried.

And then they had to part ways, for Albus and Scorpius had to go down to the Slytherin common room and the others had to climb the towers.

The Gryffindor common room was just as they had remembered. 

Lyra sat down on the empty armchair near the fire and the other two followed suit.

"Still can't believe this is 1994," James said weakly. 

"What do we do about Crouch Jr?" Lyra said.

"You know, we could just tell Dumbledore," Rose said slowly. "Just tell him. Not ask him to do anything. He'll understand if we explain,"

James sighed and pulled out the mirror, and they huddled close, calling for the others. 

"We'll have to find a way to talk to Nicky," Lyra said sadly. "I'll go tell her once this is done,"

"What?" Albus said through the mirror. The dark, green flickering background said that they were in the Slytherin common room.

"What do you think?" Rose asked. 

And they launched into a hushed discussion about what they were to do.

"Dominique!" Lyra called. The said girl turned around.

"What are you doing out there?" Lyra said as she skidded to a halt before her, panting.

"I was looking for the Room of Requirement," Dominique answered. 

"Well, Nicky, do that later, we need to go," Lyra said dragging her down where the others were waiting and explaining their plan to her.