Consequences

Sunlight poured in through the window into the room and the people in the room stirred slightly.

Draco sat bolt upright. 

"Shit, I'm late for work," he muttered once he rubbed his eyes and squinted groggily at his watch. He staggered to his feet, only to realise that it was a Sunday. He sighed and closed his eyes.

He had a throbbing headache, and his stomach was aching terribly. God, that was one terrible hangover...Why was he on the floor anyway?

His memories of last night were hazy. All he remembered was that he had gone out drinking with Blaise, Potter and Weasley.

He opened his eyes with a groan, he held a hand up, shielding them from the sunlight. 

The next second he started.

Where the hell was he?

Looking around frantically, he found Blaise and Weasley on the sofa, Potter on the floor. Swearing under his breath, he went over to the sofa and tried shaking the snoring Blaise awake.

Just then the flames burst emerald in the fireplace startling him. 

Ginny Weasley stared at Draco Malfoy, both having the same blank expression. 

"Ginny!" Hermione squealed as she almost tripped over the redhead who was standing on the hearthrug. Then she followed her gaze, and her mouth fell open in surprise.

"...Malfoy? What are you doing here?" Ginny asked. 

Draco had no idea what to think or say. He just stood there, slightly bent over Blaise, gaping at the new arrivals.

Harry groaned, bringing their attention to him.

He took off his glasses, and heaved himself to his feet, muttering under his breath for water. He found the jug of water on the little table beside him.

"Harry, what's going on?" Ginny snapped startling Harry who jumped and dropped the glass which shattered.

Hermione walked in, repairing the glass in the process, strode across the room and shook Ron awake.

Five minutes later, all of them were sitting at the dining table, except Hermione, who was searching the cabinets for something. 

Then she returned with a tumbler, and four glasses floating in her wake.

She poured the light golden liquid into the glasses and shoved it in front of all of them.

"Drink that, it'll help you remember," Ginny said with an exasperated look. "And it'll help that stupid hangover of yours,"

"You don't remember anything about what happened yesterday?" Hermione asked as she sat down beside Ginny. 

"No," Ron groaned clutching his head. 

Ginny shook her head. " You were supposed to go to Grimmauld Place...Drink it all up, and then tell me which one of you geniuses came up with the wonderful idea of coming to Ashlyn's apartment?"

Draco spat out the drink, spraying everyone at the table.

"What did you say?! Whose place is this?!" he spluttered, coughing violently.

Ginny gave a short derisive laugh as Hermione shook her head with a sigh.

"Ah, so you didn't know?" Ginny said with a glare. "Drink up," she looked at the glass pointedly and leaned back in her chair, still glaring around at them.