Drunk 1

The next few weeks were terrible for Draco, especially when it came to Ashlyn. He knew that his outburst was uncalled for and that he shouldn't have raised his voice for something so trivial. He had let his emotions get the best of him. He wanted to make things right. Acquaintances was better than enemies. But Ashlyn didn't seem to want to give him the chance to even apologize.

She avoided him pointedly. Whenever they crossed paths in the corridors, she would walk close to the walls, and ignore his presence completely. If she saw him waiting for the same elevator, she would leave immediately. In case they ended up in the same elevator, she would get off on the next level, regardless if she wanted to go there or not. 

He had tried talking to her by visiting her office once too, but she just walked past him with her nose in her air, without even giving an air of having noticed him.

Ashlyn was chatting with Hermione and Blaise in the golden elevators when the doors clanked open. 

"Level five, Department of International Magical Cooperation," the cool female voice said. 

Ashlyn stopped talking the moment Malfoy entered and stalked off out of the lift. 

Draco closed his eyes. There was no one as persistent or petty as Ashlyn when it came to payback, and he knew it very well. 

Hermione sighed sadly. 

"What is that sad sigh for, Hermione?" Blaise asked as they got off at level four.

"I did something so stupid," Hermione muttered. "And now Ashlyn hates Malfoy, and he hates her back,"

"You tried setting them up?" Blaise laughed. "Good try. You think I haven't tried that? Oh, loads of times. They always just end up ignoring each other,"

"They had a fight," Hermione sighed.

"A fight?" Blaise spluttered. "But what would they even fight about? Did Clarke tell you what they fought about?"

Hermione shook her head. "She didn't. She just looked distressed. All she said was that Malfoy had started yelling at her suddenly,"

"That asshat," Blaise muttered darkly. What had he gone and done now?

"But Malfoy does like her, doesn't he?" Hermione asked.

"He says he's moved on," Blaise said with a smirk. "But everyone knows that's bullshit,"

Hermione shook her head again. If only Ashlyn would talk to her at least. Maybe she could convince her to not treat Malfoy so coldly. It was just sad to see.

Blaise groaned. Draco had gotten himself in trouble once again. And once again, it involved Clarke. 

Just when he thought he was getting better.

Draco had practically stopped functioning after his breakup with Clarke back in school. He would barely eat anything, or talk, or do anything in particular. It was almost as worse as that time when he was asked to kill Dumbledore. 

And getting him to get out of his house once school was over was even more difficult. Pansy had thrown a terrible tantrum. Blaise himself didn't think Clarke mattered so much for him. No wonder, Pansy's idea of sending Draco to blind dates never worked.

And then there was Clarke. It was as though it didn't matter to her at all. One of the main reasons Blaise was slightly pissed at her because it seemed to mean nothing to her.

Blaise sighed again. If Draco had a fight with Clarke, now he'd have to cheer him up. Again. As he had been doing for all these years. . .Draco Malfoy needed high maintenance.