Forgetting

Ashlyn stared at the ceiling, thinking. 

Moody had filled her in on what happened. Thankfully, June was back to normal, apparently really feeling terrible, but Hermione, Ginny and Luna were trying to keep her company, so she should be fine soon. The Vanishing cabinet at Hogwarts was destroyed, and its twin was taken from Borgin and Burkes. There was a discussion in the Ministry about getting the Dementors back, and tightening the security of Azkaban, the Aurors were having more work piled on them. Ashlyn was being guarded by Sirius and Moody, occasionally Tonks. Mrs Weasely would be there every other day too. The others were staying at school, as the N.E.W.T.s were running towards them, and they had only a couple of weeks of revision left. 

Fleur had sent her a letter, and a get well soon card. Fred and George were stopped by Mr Weasley from setting off a party at St Mungo's, which in all honesty, Ashlyn was looking forward to. Even Percy had checked in on her, droning on and on about how the Ministry thinks it is absolutely outrageous that the Death Eaters dared come back, and only shut up when Moody finally kicked him out. Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny sent letters every day. She had also gotten a get well card from Blaise and Pansy.

Ashlyn sighed silently. Of all the times this could have happened, it had to be during revision. At least it was only for a week.

"Wotcher," Tonks bright voice brought her out of her misery as Ashlyn sat up straight with a bright smile.

Tonks was bringing Teddy and leaving him in her care. As expected Sirius was quite a rowdy babysitter.

Ashlyn took the little boy from Tonks. She giggled as Teddy changed his hair again. 

"Hogwarts seems safe," Tonks said sitting down on Ashlyn's bed. "Everything's back to normal. At least Remus says so. And here,"

She gave Ashlyn a bag with her books.

"Hermione said you would want it,"

At least someone thought of it. Ashlyn flicked her wrist, and her voice issued from her wand.

"Thanks, I needed these,"

"Are you still not going to tell me which spell it is?" Tonks asked hopefully.

Ashlyn shook her head with a smirk. Tonks sighed.

"Ah, Nymphadora!" Sirius's voice came from the door. Tonks closed her eyes in annoyance. Tonks lost a bet to Sirius and now he was bent on calling her Nymphadora every time.

"How's Teddy, Nymphadora? Did he have a good sleep, Nymphadora?" Sirius said rather loudly, much to Moody's annoyance.

"Oh, shut up," Tonks muttered as she got up.

Ashlyn smirked. 

Tonks left and Sirius sat down on a chair and propped his legs on Ashlyn's bed. Moody promptly smacked his legs and scowling Sirius put them down.

As much as she enjoyed Teddy, Sirius and Moody's company, she wanted to go back to Hogwarts.

And to her immense relief, after a week, she took a portkey back to Hogsmeade, where she had a carriage waiting for her. 

'Shame I'm not allowed talk,' Ashlyn thought sadly.

'At least you have a neck on your shoulders,' the voice sassed. 'Else the next time you spoke, it would be while running for the Headless Hunt,'

Lupin intercepted her at the Entrance Hall and dragged her away to the hospital wing, where Madam Pomfrey fussed over her and told her that she will have to stay there for two more days.