...

It was really odd for her to get a call on her cellphone. Especially since she didn't really have anyone to call or anyone to call her, except for her parents who would call only when it was of utmost importance.

It was quite frightening to wake up to a sudden loud ringing, which appeared to come from nowhere. And it was even more difficult to make sense of the situation when there was a panicking Draco, who had pulled out his wand and a cat which jumped around maniacally, yowling and scratching everything in sight and reach.

Ashlyn tumbled out of bed and scourged the room searching for the source of the noise, and she finally dug out the little device. After fumbling with it for a bit, she put it to her ear.

"Hello?" she said groggily.

"WHY?!"
"Give it here! I'll talk!"

Ashlyn blinked and rubbed her eyes. What was the time even?

"Ashlyn! Your father is losing his mind!" her mother's voice cried out.

"Why?" Ashlyn mumbled, pushing herself up onto the bed, wondering what could have possibly happened to her father. 

"I'm talking to her—!"
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!" 

Ashlyn jumped and held the phone away from her ear at arm's length, now fully awake.

"Tell you what?" Ashlyn asked, putting the phone to her ear again.

"THAT—askksdfkfckascgkjrgf—"

The call got cut.

Ashlyn blinked and turned around to look at Draco. 

"I have no idea what just happened, but I've got to go," she said and slid off the bed.

She was about to enter the bathroom when the phone rang again.

"Hello?" she said answering the call and placing the phone to her ear.

"...Let me talk to her!" she heard her mother snap.

"Ashlyn, did you forget to tell us something?" her mother asked.

"...I'm not sure. Nothing I can think of," Ashlyn said tentatively. "But is Papa okay? What do you mean by losing his mind? I heard him yelling,"

"You better not talk to him right now," her mother said wearily. "...You didn't tell us that you got back together with Draco,"

Ashlyn blinked.

"What?"

"You didn't tell us,"

"I didn't?" Ashlyn said confused. She thought she did. "How come I didn't tell you? It's been months, and I even moved in with him,"

She had to hold the phone away from her ear again, as her father launched into another rampage.

Ashlyn's frown deepened. How come she forgot something like that?...Right...She had gotten a tad bit busy with the weddings, and then there was the Azkaban breakout.

"I was a bit busy," she said into the phone. "With everything happening. It might have slipped out of my mind. I'm sorry,"

The yelling got louder, and Ashlyn dropped the phone onto the bed with a sigh.

"I'll have to go to them," she told Draco.

The yelling got louder, and then the call got cut. 

"I'm coming with you," Draco said, stifling a yawn once Ashlyn explained the situation.

"You know what? You should," Ashlyn mused. "I met your mother yesterday, so you get to do it today. How wonderful,"