Imperiused

Of course. Why didn't she realise it before?! June was under a spell. Maybe she was confunded. 

Ashlyn almost tripped as she just thought of something. What if she wasn't confunded...but, instead...what if she was imperiused? 

At this, the alarms in her head went off. 

"Okay, imperiused it is," she muttered, now breaking into a sprint, looking for June. But who could have imperiused her, a first-year? And why? When?

'Any answers?' she asked the voice in her head.

'Just as blank as you are,' the voice replied. Her head was prickling as she searched for answers.

Ashlyn groaned as she checked every classroom. Then the voice spoke again.

'Dummy, think. Seventh floor,' 

Ashlyn's jaw fell open in realisation. She had felt that foreboding feeling whenever she was in the RoR, so that is where the person, whoever they were managed to curse her. 

Think. Think. All the answers would already be in front of her, she just had to connect the dots.

Then it struck. She came to the worst conclusion.

'Holy shit,' the voice in exclaimed.

June had some sort of beef with Draco, whom she had never met in her life before. She was a muggleborn, there was no way she would have come across the Malfoys in any way when he was a Death Eater...Maybe she wasn't a muggleborn and was only pretending to be one. Well, then she should have seen it in her head. Legilimency is a useful skill.

'A Death Eater in the castle...for around a year?' the voice breathed, just as shocked as her.

But all the Death Eaters had a hearing and were now serving a sentence, or in Azkaban or they were killed in the war.

'Well, there could always be those who faked their death,' the voice said, and it only continued raising her fear.

'There are no more dementors at Azkaban,'

"Crap," Ashlyn breathed.

She ran up the stairs to the seventh floor as the alarms in her head went off furiously. She had to leave a sign.

She dropped her broom on the third last step and went into the empty corridor of the seventh floor. Of course, the Death Eaters had entered through the Vanishing Cabinet. And the Room was never burned with the Fiendfyre, so that cabinet was still working. All it would take is for the person to enter from Borgin and Burke's and they would be in. 

Then Ashlyn felt someone raise a wand from behind her. It could be June and she didn't want to hurt her...

She closed her eyes bracing herself for the impact pulling her wand out in the process. Well, it was her last resort. 

And she was out.

...........................................

Draco was in a rather good mood as he made his way to the Great Hall for dinner with Blaise and Pansy. Blaise was yawning as Pansy droned and droned on about something, neither of the boys cared to listen to.

Then with the lightest pop, the glass jar appeared in front of him. But it was empty.

"What?" Draco muttered as he pulled the jar towards him and unscrewed it quickly.

"Where did that come from?" Blaise asked, looking at the empty glass jar Draco was fumbling with.

There was no concealed message, no note, no nothing. It was empty. Why was it empty? Why would Ashlyn send him the jar? Was she asking him to keep it? Or was she just bored?... Or she needed help and wasn't in a state to send a written message.