Maybe... maybe this is just a really long nightmare that Seokjin will wake up from. Right? If he pinched himself hard enough, he'll wake. And that means it never really happened. The accident and that years of dragging by. He could run into Hoseok's arms again, yeah, that would be wonderful.

But. But Seokjin isn't stupid. He's just got false hope. He pinches himself, of course, just incase, but he's still here at the gloomy lake all alone. So. Nothing's changed and it's still cold.

It comes full circle again and Seokjin thinks about moving on. He always comes here to think about moving on. But if he lets go of the memories, he'll forget Hoseok's face more than he already has and that's not acceptable, no, he can't do that to him. Seokjin must keep him alive inside his head so he can see through his eyes. See the world he's unfortunately missed out on. He's got to continue looking at the pictures of him to plug in the missing fragments of his face whenever the edges begin to chip away.

Maybe he'll find a way to do both in the future but for now, he'll just sit and sulk, soak up the fading memories, and relax. Think he can feel Hoseok here with him, maybe. Maybe.

-

Work is picking back up after New Years and Seokjin's feeling the weight on his back but he still scavanges enough time to go to the lake. It's lighter outside today and the frogs are croaking alongside the crickets' chirps. Smells of nature, here, in the woods. There's a coldness coming from somewhere beside Seokjin most likely blowing off the lake. It's calm. He feels content, for once.

That is, until his bubble breaks at the snap of a twig and the russle of tree branches.

Seokjin whips around as a figure breaches the tree line at the horizon. They stumble a little, murmurs of words Seokjin can't make out from over here. He's just puzzled. And a little disappointed. This is the Seok spot, no one else should be here. Not when Seokjin is, at least.

A bristling chill scatters up Seokjin's spine when the figure spots him.

"Oh." He says. Seokjin can't hear it but he can see his lips form the shape of the word as well as his shocked expression.

It's awkward for a moment. Seokjin's hair gets mussed in the wind. The other boy stands still.

"I wasn't expecting others to be here." He scratches the side of his neck.

Seokjin wasn't either. But he can't control curious, wandering travelers either, so.

The boy is holding a little green box. It looks like something to keep bugs in. And he's wearing a pair of khaki overalls over a tee with dirt smudged on the shoulder and at his knees. He's taller but younger, Seokjin thinks. He can't accurately guess from his sitting position.

"It's just me." Seokjin shrugs. But the boys features churn into even more confusion as he shakes his head.

"No. No there's someone right there."

Seokjin looks to where he's pointing, a little angry that there's another person at his special spot. But there's no one.

Weird. And insanely creepy.

"I think it's time I leave." Seokjin sighs. He had his time. He should get back before sun sets anyways.

"What about your friend?" The boy says and he nods in that direction again. Seokjin looks, because maybe he's got some dumb selective sight, but there's no one there. Again.

"Look. I came here alone. Whatever you see has nothing to do with me-"

"Oh my." The boy suddenly blushed. Seokjin's brows furrow. He's so confused. This feels like a waste of time and he's tired from work. "Y-Your friend just cussed you out."