Seventy nine

Omniscient pov:

A month later...

Mya walked up to Nasiyr door and rung the door bell.

He called her about his daughter so she stopped by to discuss a schedule for him to see her.

The door opened and he looked his baby momma up and down licking his lips.

"You can come in." He said and she rolled her eyes walking in looking around his house.

His house been the same since she was younger.

She found it funny how this was the same house she lost her virginity in.

They walked to the living room sitting in separate couches and looked at eachother.

"First I want to say Mariah is not coming to stay with you, she lives with me it's been like that the last 6 years and it's not about to change."

"All she knows is me, I'm her mother so don't bring no hoes around her to play step momma." Mya said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Hoes?" Nasiyr questioned her.

"Yeah you heard me Nasiyr hoes, you had them years ago I don't doubt in my mind that you got them now." She said and he shook his head.

"Mariah a smart and funny girl, she a little disrespectful and bold but she's beautiful and she don't like being told no."

"I whoop my daughter I don't care what she do you tell me and I'll whoop her." Mya said as he stared at her breast.

"Are you listening to me?" She snapped her fingers.

"Man yea." He said rubbing his hair and she tilted her head at him.

"And as for her personal hygeine and hair, all you gotta do is run her bath water, she likes hot water like steaming."

"It's odd but that's what she likes, she know how to wash herself up and she'll tell you how to do her hair."

"Remember you showed me how to flat iron your hair." He said laughing.

"Yeah and you heat damaged all my ends trying to bump them." She laughed.

"We use to have fun together." He said and she dropped her smile.

"But now all we have is Mariah." She said making it clear.

"Mya im sorry for leaving you out like that."he told her.

"Sorry can't make you make up for 6 years can it?" She asked.

"Nah Mya and I'm sorry I fucked up but you know the consequences I could've been arrested."

"Nasiyr how? Who did I have in my life to snitch on you like that? You know that I wasn't gone tell on you."

"I was 15 homeless and pregnant sleeping on trains, when I had Mariah we was sleeping at homeless shelters Nasiyr."

"If it wasn't for the church and the hospital I would've been carrying a naked hungry baby around."

"If it wasn't for Rio getting out of jail and me getting a job at the trap then I'll be still out there struggling."

"And I don't regret nothing I did up to this point in my life, I took care of my daughter raised her up, got my own house, I'm engaged to somebody who takes care of Mariah and ain't have to and I got my own little family." She said.

"Even though I know I should hate you I don't because the way my life is going is amazing." She said.

"Mya I'm sorry I am with your mom dying and your dad leaving y'all I should've been there I was wrong." He said.