Chapter 72: One 최후 day.

An echoing sound of beeping echoed through the familiar room. The younger couple sat by the bed with the peachette closer to his eomma. He held her hand in his own and was trying to control his own tears. Taehyung kept an eye on him while rubbing his back softly. His eyes kept shifting from the younger to jennie and then to the life support machine. 

It was getting harder to listen to the beeping in their ears. Jungguk closed his eyes as a tear fell and he placed a kiss on his eommas hand. Taehyung noticed the tear fell and carefully wiped it off the younger's slightly reddened cheek making him look over to the older. 

Taehyung could see the struggle in the other's eyes. The struggle to keep from breaking down. The fight inside his mind, but he was slowly losing. The older had allowed himself to huh the younger from behind and rest his forehead on the younger's shoulder before placing small kisses on the nape of the peachettes neck. 

It was a torturous silence. The beeps had turned to white noise over everyone's ears as they sat. There wasn't much they could do. Nothing came to mind, so they didn't speak. They just sat there silently. It had started to rain outside and the youngest had guessed that it reflected the mood in the room. 

Lisa lay there, her expression pained. The younger didn't exactly know why, but the older knew. The doctors had explained to him when his own eomma died, by a medical standpoint of how dying really happens. It's not something good. During the final stages the heart speeds up and so does your breathing, until your lungs feel like they're about to burst. Then everything stops. No movement, not brain activity. Nothing. 

Soon, far too soon for them all, they heard the beeping stop and make a long drawn out sound. Like one long beep. Jungguk and Jennie's heads shot up at the sound and more tears fell from their eyes, surprised that they still had some. 

"No...NO! NO NO!" Jennie shouted in agony as she grabbed her wife's hand and brushed her hair away from her forehead while sobbing hard. Taehyung lent over and pressed the buzzer to call for a doctor to come and call time of death. 

Soon a doctor came in and walked over to Lisa's body where it lay in the hospital bed. The young couple moved out the way to allow the doctor to check everything needed, heart beat and lungs for two minutes. 

"Time of death…" He checked his watch. "Three fifteen in the afternoon" He wrote it down on the report. 

"I'm terribly sorry for your loss.." He sighed and turned to the younger couple. 

"You may say your goodbyes before we take everything off" He then left the room. 

"Thank you.." Taehyung spoke while the peachette nodded. 

"BRING HER BACK! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!" Jennie shouted with denial. She couldn't process that her wife had just passed away right before her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, there's nothing more I can do.." The doctor spoke again quietly.

"I think it's best we step out from a second baby.." Taehyung whispered into the younger's ear making him confused but he trusted the older. Taehyung guided him out the door and into the hall. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN-" the door shut behind them cutting off Jennie. 

"tae...why did you bring me out here? I.. need to say my goodbyes.." His voice cracked as he tried to get around the olders body. 

"I made a promise to your mama, that I would look after you and hold you so that you would be okay even when she's shouting and screaming.." Taehyung explained as he held the younger close to him, keeping him from entering the room again. 

"Mama..mama doesn't like promises broken.." Jungguk sobbed as he slowly gave up on trying to get past his boyfriend and just felt defeated as he fell onto the olders chest feeling himself and the other slowly fall to the ground. 

"Shh..I've got you, I'm here… I'm so sorry love, I really am.." Taehyung sighed as he rubbed his boyfriend's back smoothly, hoping it would help. 

"It's.. it's not your fault… it's no one's fault.. life is...is just unfair and there wasn't much more we could've done…" The peachette spoke through his sobs and held the older tightly, almost thinking his boyfriend was a teddy bear or pillow.

"I know, I know…" Taehyung started to rock them side to side and in calling motion, hoping to help calm the younger more. 

"Jungguk.. you can go in now" his mama said in such a defended voice with the doctor helping her out the room. She looked so tired and so empty. 

"Come on love" Taehyung helped the younger up and they walked inside the room together.

"Eomma, I hope you're not in pain anymore.. I hope you'll be okay whenever you go to.. I'll miss you so much.. I love you, eomma..goodbye.." Jungguk spoke softly since his throat hurt from sobbing. He kissed her forehead one final time before taking his boyfriends hand and leaving the room for the final time. They met the doctor and mrs Jeon outside the room waiting. 

"I hate to ask this so soon, but what did she want to do with her body?" The Doctor asked, hesitantly to Jennie.

"She uh..wanted to give it to science to let them do what they wanted.." Jennie's voice had no emotion in it, it was dull and she sniffed again wiping her eyes and cheeks. 

"Uh..alright.. we'll get that sorted.." The doctor nodded and then walked down the hall to somewhere the three didn't know. 

"Taehyung..thank you" the couple turned to Jennie.

"Thank you for taking jungguk out of the room and looking after him while I.. I.. " 

"You don't need to continue mrs Jeon.. it's perfectly fine, I completely understand" Taehyung reassured as he rubbed his thumb over the younger's hand. 

"Bunny…" Jungguk looked up at his mama and then walked over to hug her. Taehyung watched for a second then joined in holding the two in a warm embrace. 

"Taehyung you better look after him" Jennie warned while still wiping away stray tears from her cheeks. 

"Of course I will," Taehyung nodded, allowing his own tears to fall. 

"Hyungie.." The younger pouted as soon as he saw the olders tears fall and felt his own fall too. 

"It'll be okay sweetheart" Taehyung smiled. Jungguk brought a hand up to the olders cheek and wiped his tears with his thumb. 

"I need to plan the funeral.." Jennie sighed and bit her lip while simultaneously wiping her own tears again.

"Mama I can help if you'd like" 

"No bunny, it's okay, Taehyung here will look after you till then, promise me you'll be okay with him?" 

"I promise" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry if anyone cried at all, I actually did when I was writing jks goodbye. 

Also uh.. I haven't dealt with death myself and I'm atheist so if it seemed awkward at all it's cause I really do not know what to do or say in those situations.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing okay, make sure to wear a mask if you're going out in public and wash your hands. 

I have exams coming up. Only 2 of them.
One English, One Biology. 
But both are 3 papers and the time for them is 3 hours. 
I have practice ones and then my actual ones. 
Wish me luck !

I purple you!!💜💜💜💜💜