Chapter 54: 엄마 isn't 깜짝 놀란.

Breathing was getting hard for jungguk. He could but it hurt, his chest felt tight and even taking in deep breaths did barely anything. But he hadn't mentioned it to his boyfriend. No, he didn't want to make his boyfriend worry more. Though he knew it would be okay to tell the blonde. He just couldn't get his thoughts together. 

Though this didn't go unnoticed by taehyung. He could feel the youngers hand in his own, shaking. The older was watching the peachette out the corner of his eye, noticing that the youngers expression was tense and he looked like he was on the verge of tears. Taehyung had also took note that the younger was having trouble breathing. 

"Hey...hey baby, it's okay, you're okay, look at me and follow how I breathe...in and out slowly.. in and out just like that.." taehyung had taken deep breaths in and slowly let it out for the younger to follow along with. 

"There you go, that's it… you're okay" taehyung spoke softly. So gentle that the younger felt safe and relaxed. Taehyung grabbed one of the peachette's hand and kissed the palm of his hand before softly kissing his forehead and holding him closer and then picking him up and carrying him. 

"I've got you, you're here in my arms.." taehyung whispered as he had his arms wrapped around jungguks waist, letting the younger snuggle his head into his shoulder.  

"..thank you taehyungie.." jungguk spoke softly while a smile slowly grew on his lips.

"You don't need to say anything gguk.. I'll always be here for you" 

With another kiss to the youngers forehead and a soft nudge, the two continued their way to the hospital where the peachettes eomma was. 

They made their way past a shop that the younger wanted to visit at some point. Though maybe it could be a thing to do later, he didn't want to take up the olders time going into a store that had a range of different clothing. Though it wouldn't hurt to ask the older. 

"..taehyungie..?" 

"Yes bun?" Taehyung answered looking at the younger with a soft smile.

"Nothing.. I just wanted to call you" jungguk replied, shaking off the thought from before. 

"Awhh okay cutie" taehyung replied tapping the underside of the youngers chin.

Soon. Far too soon for the youngers liking. They arrived in front of the hospital. Jungguk gulped lightly before taking an uneasy breath in. As they walked in taehyung kept a close eye on the other. There weren't many people around in the waiting room. They seemed to be tired. Their eyes showed dark bags and wrinkles underneath. Though they weren't as bad as the youngers when he has nightmares. Taehyung put the younger down so he could walk up to the desk. 

"Uhm.. hello? I'm here to see Mrs Jeon.." jungguk asked the receptionist softly.

"Ah you must be her son! She speaks highly of you and your husband" he replied with a smile. 

"Oh..? - oh yes my husband!" Jungguk smiled

"Is she still in the same room as last time?" He asked.

"Let me see.." the receptionist mumbled while typing and with a few clicks here and there.

"..oh.. that's odd.." 

"What is..?" Jungguk asked hesitantly.

"She was moved to a different ward. The one for coma patients to be in" the receptionist explained looking back up at the peachette.

"C-coma…? What ward? Room number?" Jungguk asked question after question starting to tear up. This didn't go unnoticed by taehyung. 

"Bun calm down.. I don't want you to feel sick again" taehyung put a hand on the others shoulder and rubbed it softly with his thumb. 

"She's in room 123, here's your visitors pass and make sure to leave before visiting hours are over" the receptionist explained while handing over two passes on clips. 

"..thank you" jungguk replied and took the visitors passes, handing one over to the blonde and then putting his own on. He grabbed the olders hand and pulled him closer as he walked to a map that's on the wall. 

"I think… ah.. coma wards.. yellow line.. let's go" jungguk muttered as he pointed to the yellow line.

"Bun.. calm down, you look like you're about to faint from low oxygen" taehyung said, pulling the younger back to himself. Jungguk looked pale, sickly pale from stress and worry. 

"..you're right.. " he sighed.

"I just worry about you is all, I'm sorry if I come off as forceful or something close to it.." taehyung spoke nervously. 

"What? No no, you could never come off like that, I know you're trying to look after me and you're helping, trust me" jungguk reassured then wrapped his arms around taehyung's neck pulling him into a hug. 

"You sure bun?" 

"I'm sure hyungie" he smiled.

They walked slow through the halls following the yellow line that danced along the walls in a straight line. It turned a corner and the couple followed slow. Soon counting down the numbers in their heads they came to the room they needed to be at. 

"..m..mama..?" Jungguk called out as he saw his mama sitting in a chair outside the room. 

"Ggukie..? Oh my baby bunny.." she replied with tears in her eyes. She got up and ran over to him, giving him a hug crying into his shoulder.

"Mrs Jeon..what happened?" Taehyung asked, feeling a little awkward standing there.

"The doctors were able to diagnose exactly what type of leukemia lisa has… it's acute myeloid leukemia. They're going to try and out her in a medically induced coma to try and help.. but there is and was already a low chance of survival.." jennie explained looking between the two of them. 

Taehyung didn't know what to say. Jungguk didn't know what to say. The peachette threw himself to hug his mama's body close and then taehyung hugged the two close to him. They all knew no words were needed. Tears just fell without control and soon they were crying in eachothers arms. 

Their minds were clouded with thoughts yet empty. All they focused on was holding one another. All they focused on was the warmth. 

And taehyung, he didn't want them to lose someone so close to them. 

So he promised to himself silently. He would take care of them both for the youngers eomma. 

A promise he will keep. Right to his heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys like this chapter!!! 
Sorry it's really angsty right now… 
I promise after this chapter and the next couple it'll be fluff again and then it'll slowly go back into angst because it needs to be like that to progress. 

Also thank you guys for the birthday wishes yesterday! 💜💜💜💜 I wish I could use the purple hearts on the message bored ㅜ.ㅜ 
But we have to suffice for the normal red hearts for now. Just know when I use the red hearts I want to use the purple ones soo badly!!! 

Ahh anyway! 

I purple you 💜💜💜 and I'll see you next chapter!!