Chapter 37: Whispers of the 과거.

The night was cooler than most. White blankets pulled up to their noses and soft warm breaths escaping their bodies and brushing over their skin. a whimper fell from the peachette as his head shifted suddenly in his sleep. With a harsh turn of his body and he had slipped out of the olders arms and started to mumble incoherent words as tears dropped from under his close eyelids. 

Then a loud sob fell from his lips making taehyung blink himself awake softly, then heard jungguk whimper again and what hurt most to taehyung was hearing a scream of agony from the boy in his sleep. Taehyung was fully awake by now and placed his hand on the youngers shoulder shaking him harshly. 

He called and called the youngers name over and over a couple of times then finally after what it seemed like the sixth time of him trying to wake the peachette up, he finally woke up with a jolt as his hand came flying up to taehyung's which was laying on his shoulder.

"Jungguk..baby..what happened?" Taehyung heard the peachettes breathing become even and normal as he felt jungguks hand shake against his own. 

"Ggukie.." Taehyung whispered, trying to get the other's attention. Jungguk nodded while trying to search his thoughts for the right words to say.

"..I'm okay.. bad dream.." jungguk deemed with a shaky breath while gripping the others hand still.

"It's been a while since you've had one… would you know the reason why it came on so suddenly?" Taehyung asked softy, feeling unsure with how he approached the question. 

"..no..I wouldn't know… aren't bad dreams just your brain's way of digesting new information?" Jungguk asked, turning back over to the blonde still holding his hand in his and fiddling with the olders fingers. 

"Yeah, sometimes… would you want to talk about it with me?"Taehyung looked at the younger who sighed and nodded.

"It would help make sure it won't happen again.." 

"Yeah… whenever you're ready love" taehyung whispered and kissed the youngers forehead a few times in comfort. 

"It was… about… a mix of things really, there was an I.V and my eomma was in a hospital bed, but the room was turning black...maybe it was my vision that was turning black? I'm not sure… because all I saw around my vision was a black mist colour and shape..? People were talking.. but it was muffled… then...then the location changed, it changed too fast and I was experiencing...experiencing what happened to me again in...in high school.. I think I screamed aloud...I'm sorry.." jungguk had sounded distant in the beginning but somewhat came together near the end and apologized.

"..yes you did scream aloud but you don't need to apologize for it, you shouldn't apologize for something that happened to you that was traumatizing, so of course your brain… your beautiful brain would be having to digest the information given to you before but it can also make old memories arise when we don't want them to..it can happen" taehyung explained while stroking the others back with his other hand as his fingers ran down the youngers spine bumps. 

"Taehyung...thank you.." Jungguk thanked the older. He felt awake but tired and felt like he couldn't sleep after that nightmare. 

"For what?" Taehyung asked, feeling as the younger played with his fingers still. 

"For..being here..listening to me.. making me feel safe even after so much you're still here, even after my panic attacks and breakdowns and… nightmares.. you're still here for me and I'm thankful for that..really I am" jungguk concurred in a soft voice. 

"Baby, of course I'll be there for you, you know I fell in love with you for you, I wouldn't want it any other way, I'm glad I get to help you, I'm glad I'm here in your life for you because if I wasn't, I would want to be" taehyung replied stroking the youngest cheek softly with this thumb. 

"I love you, taehyung" jungguk felt like his heart was about to bust from all the emotions he was feeling in his heart at that time. 

"I love you too, jungguk" taehyung replied pulling the younger closing and holding him close to his warm body and stroking the skin on the youngers lower back with the pad of his thumb. 

Jungguk felt the olders thumb brushing on his skin which made him feel safe. He felt his heart warm from the reply he got from taehyung and snuggled up to the olders chest and listening to his heartbeat. He loved it, it sounded like his favorite melody and it calmed his racing mind. The sound matched his own in harmony. He was glad he had found someone whose heart matched his own in tune. 

"Gguk" Jungguk moved his head up to look at the older, who was looking down at him with concern in his eyes. 

"How about you try and get back to sleep, bunny?" taehyung suggested as he had moved his hand from the peachettes back and to his hair where he proceeded to brush his fingers through the back of it.

"I can try… but I'm not sure.." jungguk spoke in a hush tone, almost sounding as if he was done with life, that empty tone that people tend to shrug off as just nothing, but really it's something to the person who was speaking. 

"Are you worried you're going to have another nightmare again..?" Taehyung asked, making the younger nod faintly. 

"It won't happen again-" 

"How do you know?" Jungguk asked cutting the blonde off.

"If you'd let me finish bun, it won't happen again because you've talked about it with me and so you're not thinking about it right now, are you?" Taehyung continued and ended that statement with a question.

"No…all I've been thinking about right now..was the sound of your heartbeat.." jungguk admitted shyly making taehyung smiled and chuckled softly.

"Good, at least it's not about the dream" taehyung mumble while kissing the youngers forehead softly.

"Yeh.. I suppose you're right, hyung" jungguk smiled and enjoyed the feeling of the olders fingers in his hair as they brushed through each strand of peach. 

"Oh..? Some of your colour has faded baby...and your natural colour is coming.." taehyung noted as he moved the layered of peach coloured hair around.

"Mhm.. I'm still deciding on if I should re-dye it or let it grow out the colour, or even dye it back to my natural colour.." jungguk explained debating on his options. 

"What is your natural colour?" Taehyung asked brushing the hair around between his fingers.

"Dark chocolatey brown colour… it does fit with Moonchild of course, it was like that when I first started to work there but we had a bet over who would rather have their hair shaved or dyed and we all chose dyed.. which in itself part of the bet we had to dye our hair" jungguk smiled at the memory and giggled at the feeling of the olders fingers stil playing with his hair.

"I would like to see that" taehyung commented.

"See what?" Jungguk asked curiously.

"You with brown hair" 

"Hmm maybe… maybe it'll be a nice change.. I'll think about it." Jungguk hummed with a smile. 

"Good, maybe a light brown? It'll fit with the winter months for Moonchild" taehyung suggested rolling some of the strands between his fingers. 

"Hmm maybe, depends on what Jin hyung says" jungguk muttered.

"Oh well, it might be nice for a new theme" 

Sometimes whispers from the past are a bad thing 
But talking about them helps with the present and that is what matters most. 

What matters more. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hai guys 
So this hit 50k YAY 
the next chapter should be up in about one second. 
I have it written and ready hahaha.

I purple you💜💜💜💜