Ch. 7 - Prank

ALICE ADAIR RUSHED towards the potions classroom. She didn't stop for a second even though her legs were exhausted.

A lot had a changed in the old school.
Death Eaters teaching.
Another Death Eater as the Headmaster, Severus Snape sitting where the Great Albus Dumbledore once sat.

Some felt betrayed.

As she reached the door she attempted to come to a clean halt, but she misjudged the time and distance on this particular morning and crashed right into it.

All eyes turned to her.

"Sorry professor" she said, hopping up from the floor. Out of the corner of her eye she could spot several people snickering.

"Take a seat Alice" said Slughorn. "And brush off your robes, we don't want you going around dusty"

The young girl looked around the room and saw that the class was packed. Only two spots were left. The first was right up the back next to Eric King who was glaring at her and somehow sulking at the same time. She couldn't really comprehend why.

The second seat was right beside the strange boy from the train, Blake Alexander. A newly recruited Gryffindor, same year as Alice.

The decision was thankfully a no brainer.

"Is your entrance always that smooth Tia?"

"Oh shut it, you couldn't do better if you tried"

The first half of the day went by quickly much to everyone's surprise.

In Transfiguration they could sit wherever they wanted as long as they didn't make a noise of any description. Professor McGonagall was by far Alice's favourite teacher, and she didn't miss a beat to defend her when her fellow classmates called her overly strict, like Blake who received a whack over the back of the head.

"Just a reminder that essay must be on my desk by next Tuesday morning, no excuses" McGonagall yelled over the end of class chatter.

"You say she isn't strict?" chuckled Blake, placing his pile of books in his satchel.

"I will hit you again"

The hallways were dark marble floors and white walls, not a hand print or scuff mark anywhere. The doors were a glossy black, numbered with silver digits that match the globe shaped handles.

It wasn't just the materials though, it was dimensions, the width being at least twice that of any other school of the area.

The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. Laughter rang throughout the halls, joined with excited conversations and shouts.

A breath of air brushed Alice's ear; she followed the breeze and saw a clean folded paper plane gracefully gliding through the air before sliding across the tiled hall to stop with its nose against the wall.