Ch.3 - Memories

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"WHATS GOING ON?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"ALICE!" shouted Ron, as he picked her up.
He expected her to be the normal weight of a human, but Alice was as light as air, and that really couldn't be good. "Come on"

They started sprinting towards the burrow, and a forty-five minutes later, they were pounding on the back door.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming" muttered Ms. Weasley.

She opened the door, almost closed it again in shock.
She saw Alice first.
Lifeless, pale, and very sick.

Ron rushed inside and placed her on the couch, sitting beside her and taking her wrist.

Bump, bump, bump.

"She's alive!" he shouted, as the others smiled.

"Let her rest" said Ms. Weasley. "She should be fine soon enough"

Harry and Ron headed off, but Hermione wanted to stay back.

She knew why Alice was there, and she had a fair idea of what happened after that.

"Come on Hermione" said Harry. "She'll be fine, just give her a while"

"Alright" she sighed, getting up from the couch.

They headed into Ron's room, and they sat in silence.
They always knew Alice was different, and there was something they didn't know.
But when Draco told them everything, they thought they could make her life easier, but Draco only gave them the icing, the needed to find the cake if they really wanted to help.

Downstairs in the living room where sadness surrounded the soft, red couch, Alice was still unconscious, but she was having dreams.
Dream after dream after dream.

Crack
Slap
Crucio.

The pain.
The sorrow.
The guilt.

All replaying inside her head.
Everything she had gone through.

The torture.
The loss.

And that was just one of many.
Most included her parents, but there was one other that completely turned her world upside down.

She was three, lying in a small bed with her blankets pulled up to her chin.
A lady was sitting beside her, a tissue in a clenched fist.

It was Alice's mother.

"I don't know why they need you" she sobbed. "But you know things, valuable things, and I will do everything in my power to stop them"