Ch.50 - Loss

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"JUST PEACHY!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Alice looked up and saw Henry.
He was for sure going to come over and make sure she was alright.
But then Harry would know her secret, the secret that would cost her her life if said out loud, but little did she know, that Harry had known for months.

Lucius turned and raised his wand, but Tonks had already sent a stunning spell in his direction. Alice didn't wait to see if it made contact, she dived behind a shelf out of the way.

The death eaters completely distracted by the appearance of the members of the order  who were now raining spells upon them as they jumped from step to step to the sunken floor.

Alice took deep breaths and tried not to panic.
The death eaters were too close for her liking and she could be scooped up any second.

She could see the sparks from the various wands out of the corner of her eye and hoped that the screams and shouts weren't made by Henry.

Harry soon found her and sat next to her shaking like mad.
He could see Neville crawling along, still holding his bloody nose. He dodged a red light and flung himself flat on the ground and Alice helped Harry to reach Neville and they helped him sit up.

"Are you alright?"Harry asked, worried about the bleeding still hadn't come to a stop.

Neville was kicked in the face by a death eater and in the process his wand was snapped in two.

"Yes, I'm fine" he mumbled.

The stone floor between them exploded as a spell hit it, leaving a crater right where Alice's hand had only been seconds before; all three scrambled away from the spot, then a thick arm came out of nowhere and seized Alice by the neck pulling her up.

"I think you need a little lesson on escaping and why not to do it" growled the voice of Lucius in her ear.

He was pressing so tightly on Alice's windpipe that she couldn't breath. Through watering eyes she saw Henry trying to dodge spells and aim high kicks and punches at the remaining death eaters.

Nobody seemed to realise that Alice was barely alive.
Not even Harry and Neville who were right below her.

She needed her wand, but she knew if it was still in one piece it was locked up in the circus, a good while away.

But as instinct kicked in, she still felt her pockets, and there was something there.
Her wand.

Just before she left with Voldemort, James slipped it into her dress pocket and only he knew it was there.