Ch.49 - Doors

Again, some of this may be wrong

Don't hesitate to comment if something is so out of place it's not funny and I also take ideas into consideration as well!!😄

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"PLEASE DON'T BE DEAD!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Just hang in there Al" said Henry, stopping to place his grubby scarf around her neck feeling her body shake with the cold.

Henry ran alongside Rue for what seemed like hours, always checking behind them for either Death eaters, or the guards.

He was terrified.
He left Alice once, and he didn't want to do it again.
He was scared that she would be taken and he couldn't save her.

After a while, not hearing any footsteps, they stopped and sat down in an empty corridor, catching their breath.

Henry looked at Alice, she was paler and colder than before, but her heart rate and pulse was becoming more distinct, which made him relax.

"She'll be alright" assured Rue, taking his hand, but she wasn't sure.
She could almost feel the coldness gathering on her skin.

Henry didn't answer.
Something was bothering him.

As much as he loved the idea that he would be fully free within the next hour, the silence had bothered him.
Why hasn't they noticed they were gone?

"Come on, we best keep going. We're getting closer to the Door" said Rue, helping him up and giving him a reassuring smile.

The Door, was the door that led to a small round room, and other doors along the wall.
In other words, their escape.

This place was called the Department of Mysteries.
It was a highly blocked area, but Voldemort found a way to get in by using an old shack as an entrance.
To be fair, it was a very clever idea.

As they came closer, Alice began to open her eyes.
Her cheeks gained colour, but she was still in pain.
Great pain.

She looked up at Henry and smiled.
He didn't notice her, but she didn't mind.
All that mattered was that he was still there, and she was going to get out of this place.

They slowed down to a walk, taking a quick glance behind them as Rue reached for the handle.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Ready"

The door closed almost as quickly as it opened.

They stood in the middle of the circular room, eyeing every door, thinking it would be much easier than this.